Boom Op for shoot in India

soundtrane

Hi

I am writing on behalf of Pawel Wdowczak, sound mixer. He's looking for a boom op to do a Wes Anderson film to be shot in India. Here are some parameters:

1. 10 weeks of shoot - December first week through Mid February, four day holiday around Xmas.

2. non - union shoot

3. around 2k USD a week - five day week, 12 hour days call time to wrap including lunch and other breaks

4. 6 weeks of shoot on a moving train - we get into the train in the morning, shoot and get out at wrap and back to hotel.

5. per diem assured  - from my deep experience of India and the American Dollar versus I, it will more than cover a lot more than two beers, dinner, laundry and some shopping to take back home to wife/girlfriend/mother/sister/children.

6. Shoot is going to happen off Rajasthan- Jodhpur and Udaipur and the last four weeks in Mussoorie - in the hills where it will be nice weather - snowing. Rajasthan is desert land and during December- January is very pleasant - not very hot at all during the day and not too cold in the night.

7. i'm going to be on the shoot as well. :)

Pl reply off group - vinod@soundtrane.com or +919867290002 (cellphone with SMS), skype - soundtrane, IM - dontpro@hotmail.com

best

-vin

Vin.

Sounds great. I send you my info. I'll be actually in India at that time. Regardless, would be nice to perhaps meet you there and get some pointers. I have an obssesion with movie soundtracks and old Bollywood stuff in particular. Its amaizing! I cant wait to get there and find the real old stuff. Favorite tune is from "Howrah Bridge" Geeta Dutt's "Mera Naam Chin Chin Chu"

Cheers

Vin.

Sounds great. I send you my info. I'll be actually in India at that time. Regardless, would be nice to perhaps meet you there and get some pointers. I have an obssesion with movie soundtracks and old Bollywood stuff in particular. Its amaizing! I cant wait to get there and find the real old stuff. Favorite tune is from "Howrah Bridge" Geeta Dutt's "Mera Naam Chin Chin Chu"

Cheers

Why would a Wes Anderson shoot be non-union?

• 2 weeks later...