Boom Recorder crash on Intel when recording CAF

takev

Hello everyone,

I have a customer who uses an Intel mac with Boom Recorder. When he records with "Core Audio Format (.caf)" Boom Recorder crashes at the end of the recording.

Could someone with a Intel mac try this and see if it crashes for you as well? I've been looking at this problem for some time now, and I can not find the cause of the problem. The problem does not appear when running Boom Recorder in Rosetta. I would like to know if this problem is systematic for all Intel Macs or only on his setup.

Cheers,

Take

Guest Don Brown

Hi Take

This is simular to the problem I was asking you about running programs with Intel and Rosetta

another company I know running a video program works well with old Mac but not with Intel Mac and Rosetta.

Regards

Don

Boston UK

Hello Don,

Ah, but the weird thing is Boom Recorder does work in Rosetta, but crashes in native mode for this very particular thing.

Have you tried this? Did Boom Recorder crash with caf recording?

The strange thing is, I've been trying to see what is wrong, but the data I got from the debugging info says that it should not have crashed, still it does so.

Cheers,

Take

Guest Don Brown

Hi Take

No I have not got my system yet I am waiting to see if the problem with the Video program can be resolved before I commit myself to the new Mac Intel

Hope you have luck in finding solution

Best wishes

Don

Hello Don,

Yes, I hope I find it too, but at this rate I think I will have to buy an intel mac just so that I can debug it. But my current computers are good enough for me already, so I find it a bit expensive to buy one just for this bug.

It probably is a compiler bug anyway.

Cheers,

Take

Hi Take,

I have an Intel Mac but am waiting to buy boom recorder for when I have bought a firewire interface to use with it and solve some Mac Mini cart issues.  Can this be tested from the demo version?  If so, I will try it for you.

nvt

Hello everyone,

I have a customer who uses an Intel mac with Boom Recorder. When he records with "Core Audio Format (.caf)" Boom Recorder crashes at the end of the recording.

Could someone with a Intel mac try this and see if it crashes for you as well? I've been looking at this problem for some time now, and I can not find the cause of the problem. The problem does not appear when running Boom Recorder in Rosetta. I would like to know if this problem is systematic for all Intel Macs or only on his setup.

Cheers,

Take

Hello Noah,

Thank you noah and everyone else. It seems not to be an isolated problem, so I keep hunting for this bug.

This means you don't have to try it Noah. The trial version is identical to the Pro version, only the trial version expires after 30 days. So yes the trial version will crash in exactly the same way.

Cheers,

Take

This means you don't have to try it Noah. The trial version is identical to the Pro version, only the trial version expires after 30 days. So yes the trial version will crash in exactly the same way.

Cheers,    Take

But only for 30 days ... then you'll have to buy it. Just kidding. Great collaboration Take and to all who work to solve these bugs...  this is a true value to these discussion/forum group communities.

-  Jeff Wexler