Scorpio and icon platfrom x+

vizualize

Hi, does anyone have experience with the workflow of scorpio and just the x+? I am trying to find something online without any luck. I prefer the more compact size of x+ and don't need the d2 screen, I will just use it as an old style mixer fader. Any knowledge will be appreciated.

Thank you

i havent tried it with my scorpio, but with my 888, i just plugged in the USB only (no power) and it worked without doing much else.

i tried using 12v power, but the faders behaved weirdly, so unless you need the flying faders, dont bother with a power cable.

9 hours ago, rich said:

i havent tried it with my scorpio, but with my 888, i just plugged in the USB only (no power) and it worked without doing much else.

i tried using 12v power, but the faders behaved weirdly, so unless you need the flying faders, dont bother with a power cable.

Thank you, so you mean that the x+ faders will change gain without the power connection? I received a message from SD that the x+ might not work at all without the m+, if it is working as a fader controller this is exactly what I need, the rest can be done through the Ipad app.

Best Regards

4 hours ago, vizualize said:

Thank you, so you mean that the x+ faders will change gain without the power connection? I received a message from SD that the x+ might not work at all without the m+, if it is working as a fader controller this is exactly what I need, the rest can be done through the Ipad app.

Best Regards

i have just tested to confirm. if i connect my X+ to my 888 via USB only, the X+ powers up (including the D2 display) and fader and gain control works fine.

5 hours ago, rich said:

i have just tested to confirm. if i connect my X+ to my 888 via USB only, the X+ powers up (including the D2 display) and fader and gain control works fine.

Thank you very much, I will get one myself :)

It will be great if and when you have time to upload a video or photos. I guess it could be helpful to anyone who is trying to get a small and working controller.

Cheers

On 3/1/2023 at 3:54 PM, rich said:

Thanks for that. I did not know you could do without the 12v dc external input.

I assume you mean that you do not use the motors of the fader, if that is the case how do you change bank?

Could you try to measure the power drawn by the icon on your battery with that setup? That means 888 without it then with the icon plugged, then with the D2 as well?

That would be very usefull as I have never found a real life situation report in the web on the current draw of the Icon solution on location.

I also wonder if there is much difference in power consumption between the X+ and the M+, so if anyone using the M+ could chime in that would be great.

Thanks a lot.

correct. i do not want the motorised faders. they behave weirdly with my 888 - they jump to random positions and sometimes have a bit of resistance when initially moved.
i dont change the fader bank. my M+ is a backup, and having fader banks doesnt seem practical for anything requiring a quick adjustment. if i needed more faders and i wasnt using my scorpio / CL16 setup, i guess id be using the faders for the additional channels on my ipad.

888 only powered up - 10.53W (16.2v 0.65A)
M+ powered up via USB (no D2) - 11.63W (16.15v 0.72A)

M+ powered up via USB with D2 - 12.25W (16.12v 0.76A)

M+ powered with 12v and with D2 - 13.04W (16.1v 0.8A)

14 hours ago, rich said:

888 only powered up - 10.53W (16.2v 0.65A)
M+ powered up via USB (no D2) - 11.63W (16.15v 0.72A)

M+ powered up via USB with D2 - 12.25W (16.12v 0.76A)

M+ powered with 12v and with D2 - 13.04W (16.1v 0.8A)

Fantastic! Thanks a lot  for that!

So it is the M+ that you have , not the X+?

23 hours ago, KenMartini said:

I power it and the motorized faders work great.

Hello, I guess the motorized faders are power hungry, but there must be just a peak of power draw when you change bank I suppose.

You say you power it, do you mean from external dedicated battery Or the same battery as the rest from your power distributor? Can you tell us more about the power consumption of it. Thanks 

edit: I just saw your post about your cart so one big PSC battery (very nice by the way 👍🏾)

Edited by Fred Salles