Pelsue Tents or Other Tents?

ProSound

I have used a Pelsue for many years. I was first introduced to the Pelsue pop up while working in New York. It provided great weather protection in the rain, shooting in Brooklyn at night in December (small electric heater in the tent made it a very popular site). Easy to set up quickly and move from spot to spot, ventilation panels on all 4 sides allowed fairly good air circulation.

PELSUE

-  Jeff Wexler

post-1-13081508795_thumb.jpg

A couple of years ago I purchased a 6x6 Pop-N-Work tent.  Its very similar to the Pelsue but higher quality, and also cost a little bit more, but if you don't mind paying for quality I'd highly recommend them.  They also pop up in seconds and when collapsed roll onto themselves with clips like a tortilla so no bag necessary to store them in either.  Another nice feature is that they have a close-able vent hole for heating vents if you need to have the heater outside of the tent.  You can custom order them with different door configurations and screened windows if you want with velcro covers.  I've had many a day in the pouring rain & blizzards  with no leaks.  They also sell electric heaters too.  The company that makes them make all kinds of other outdoor stuff for utility companies.  Here's the link:

http://www.popnwork.com/

Hope this helps.

Alex

I looked through all the Pop - N - Work site and they do look to be quite a bit more refined than the Pelsue, also look easier to set up and break down than Pelsue. If I were in the market for another tent I think I would go with the Pop - N - Work ones you suggested.

-  Jeff Wexler

The internet price between the two is about the same -- $900 for an 8' x 8' x 6' tent. I had a shoot on a golf course back in December where I sure wish I had had a tent (or worn two jackets): 40 degrees and drizzling rain. Miserable.

The Pelsue is by far what I've seen most often on location in the past few years.

--Marc W.

Best regards,

Jim

X3

I'm on my 2nd 6"x6" but got the 'D' style as an experiment after a decade or more with 'A' style.

Because the whole of one side of the 'D' opens up, it's easier in and out, easier antenna pole flying, and more ventilation. Have only had it out a few times since purchase, but seems good. Will know better come this winter when I may not have a property master with an extra huge heater to place @ the entry.

Jan

I wonder if you could elaborate on the differences between these two manufactures. By the naked eye, the Pelsue fabric looks more durable and the Pop-N-Works looks thinner. Is that a difference in lighting in the pictures, and the Pelsue is of a thinner material?

The Pop-N-Work tents seemed to have a better fit & finish when I was comparing the two.  The center caps that pop out the sides had nice rubber covered metal parts and the material felt almost like a strong cordua-like fabric.  The Pelsue by comparison seemed to have more "slop" in the mechanism and the material seemed to fit more loosely over the frame.  Here's a picture of mine in a Brooklyn park earlier this year.

post-3562-130815088257_thumb.jpg

post-3562-130815088257_thumb.jpg

I'm a Pop N Work guy too.  I like doors on both ends and that they only have two  (I'm not sure what to call them) 'pop' sides.  The Pelsues have three (two sides and the top).  Pelsues are more popular but check out Pop n Work before you buy.  I'm a happy camper. Literally sometimes.

Billy Sarokin

In some thread, some time ago, it was asked "What's your favorite piece of gear?" Someone replied "Their Pelsue Tent". Everyone chimed in and agreed - including me. I have the 8x8. Snug but cozy for the 2 carts and 3 guys. Not good for sun protection tho. It gets hot. Get a EZ UP Eclipse II for that.

• 3 months later...

I use the Eastman Ice Cube 4-man ice fishing tent. I bought two for about $100 each. They are FANTASTIC, but are black and water resistant, not waterproof. But I use it in the winter, and it doesn't rain much here.

• My grandfather who lives in the east also uses the Ice cube tent. According to him, he already proves the quality and he can carry it wherever he goes. On the other hand, I'd like to try the Pelsue tent because I heard that the Pelsue company provides durable and quality products.

• 2 years later...