Does anyone still use Tiger with Boom Recorder

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone still uses Boom Recorder with Tiger, and if there are any stumbling blocks to change to Leopard?

I understand upgrading to Snow Leopard is not be possible because of G4 notebooks that are still in the field.

Cheers,

Take

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone still uses Boom Recorder with Tiger, and if there are any stumbling blocks to change to Leopard?

I understand upgrading to Snow Leopard is not be possible because of G4 notebooks that are still in the field.

Cheers,

Take

I have one G4 laptop on Tiger and one on Leopard.  I think the Tiger machine could have the newer OS if needed (or use an older BR).

If there is a problem with a version of BR that works on SL NOT working on the older OS, you could just post a notice on yr website that lets people know that if they want to use those old OS they have to use BR v 7.xx and nothing later....  Plenty of people still use older computers w/ older OS that will only run older versions of apps (esp ProTools MIX systems,etc).

Philip Perkins

I may want to upgrade Boom Recorder to use Objective C 2.0, which allows me delete a lot of code.

I also am trying to find something about control surfaces in CoreAudio, but it looks like that Apple project no longer exists. Still I remember it was supposed to be one of the features in Leopard to have a standardized control surfaces configuration and API.

I may want to upgrade Boom Recorder to use Objective C 2.0, which allows me delete a lot of code.

I also am trying to find something about control surfaces in CoreAudio, but it looks like that Apple project no longer exists. Still I remember it was supposed to be one of the features in Leopard to have a standardized control surfaces configuration and API.

You mean via MIDI or ?

Philip Perkins

I'm so hard on my computers, that they never last more than a couple of years.  I'm fully embracing Snow Leopard on my machines, especially now that Pro Tools supports it.  Although, my new partner, who runs the studio, still uses Pro Tools 6 and has G5 with the OS that it shipped with - two different mind sets, and I can certainly respect his approach too.

Yea, I saw a video of Apple using an interface to show all the control surfaces attached to the system and an API that can query it in a high level way (for example you can ask for a "fader" on channel "1"), I think it wasn't only for MIDI either.

I'm still using Tiger as well, but I can't imagine that anyone would seriously object if you had a good reason to lose compatibility with that OS at this point. As Philip Perkins said, those who still want or need to run it can just keep using the older version of BR.