Zaxcom LT transmitters

bigmaho

Just a quick note.  I purchased one of the new Zaxcom LT transmitters to augment my stable of TRX-900 units.  I've been using it as my main unit for a few days to check it out.  It has some nice new features.  It's a bit smaller than a 900 and runs on one AA battery.  Battery life with an AA Lithium is approx 6 hours.  It also uses a micro SD card and sits in a nice protected slot.  The unit, using updated electronics, is more efficient so it doesn't heat up.  The gain seems slightly less (approx 2 db) than the 900's.  Haven't done any long range scenes to see if range is any different than the 900's.  Zaxcom says range should be the same, though ifb control range should be noticeably better.

Billy Sarokin

The TRX900LT does now ship with its wire clip. I am very happy with this transmitter. We did a lot of work on the power consumption in order to eliminate any heat output and to extend battery life. The unit will do 6 hours on a lithium battery while transmitting recording and receiving Zax-net.  Nimh runtime is about 5 hours.

The UHF audio tranmission range is equivalent to our current systems at about 500 feet under typical operating conditions.

The Zax-net control range has been doubled to match the typical operating range. This was accomplished by adding a high gain 2.4 gig recieve antenna on the body pack.

The thing that surprised me most was the response to the case. Actors prefer the nylon composite over our metal case transmitters. The very light weight at about 2 oz  and rounded corners may also be a factor.

Glenn

Very excited to learn this device may now be found in the wild. Plan to get one or two for my next job :)

Wonder if your extra-special high-gain 2.4GHz antenna for the TX is a mod that would be worth entertaining for my 992's?

Any idea when the GRX100's are expected to arrive?

Best,

Jan

thanks glenn and billy for the post, i am seriously looking at getting LT and eng Receivers when the LT arrive in UK, i have some goldline's which i still cant fault other than finding someone to make up the 4 pin to lav with the capcitors which is my questions does the LT still require internal capcitors in the Lemo connector for lav's?? or is it just a case of soldering the 3 wires???, and can you feed a line level signal (padded down) to the LT and if so what is max level of line permissable with the goldline it was -26db, and i am assuming i can wire in a mic level for plant mics via a phantom power unit??? and is there a low cut before the A/D in the LT transmitter..

many thanks in advance for any insight.

Thanks

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

So far I'm extremely happy with the LT.  Build quality seems excellent and the case holds up very well.  My metal TRX900's do show rough wear but the LT's suffer the slings and arrows of a typical production day without showing it.  It uses the common micro sd cards instead of the mini sds and the slot is very well protected.  My LT is now my 'hero' transmitter.  Anytime one of my 900's dies (which only happened once when an actress flushed it down a toilet and then washed it) it will be replaced with an LT.  AND less expensive to boot. 

Best,

Billy Sarokin