UM400 Static and Low Rumble

StineSound

I've emailed Lectro already, but I'm curious if anyone can help me in here.

I recently purchased some secondhand x2 ucr411a's and a um400 unit. They are in great physical condition and the UCR411a's are as amazing as ever.

However, the UM400 unit is giving me some trouble with its connection. Whenever I plug in a mic I get a low frequency rumble and static.

I'll link audio recordings of the problem here https://youtu.be/mea6MYKZA7I

and I'll include pictures of the connector/internals of the unit here as well. (not going to take apart the motherboard because I'm scared lol)

Stinks because I just got these, but I wanna see if its a simple fix or needs a trip to the mothership.

Cheers soundies and thank you Lectro for the awesome products.

IMG_3715.jpeg

IMG_3716.jpeg

IMG_3717.jpeg

IMG_3718.jpeg

IMG_3719.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Johnny Karlsson said:

Sorry if this is too obvious, but could it be possible that your mic is wired incorrectly ? Looks like this is a UM400, so should not be servo bias wiring like 400a and later (SM etc).

No worries friend, no need to apologize. As I was coming over from the 200 series all of my mics are wired for legacy transmitters, and they’ve worked great on my um200c’s.  No servo wirings yet I’m afraid.