PSC PowerStar Version 2.0

Ron Meyer

PSC is pleased to introduce the second generation of our PowerStar.  The first production run was a very big sucsess and we have added a few small features to the second generation model based on your feedback.  These new features include:  "AC" indicating blue LED on the remote meter box, an AC power "rocker" switch on main unit for AC shutdown or battery (UPS) testing and a Dual USB charging port that will allow you to charge most any iPhone, iPod, Blackberry, MP3 player, etc.  Here are a few photos (sorry about the quality, no decent camera available today)

DSCN0395.jpg

DSCN0393.jpg

DSCN0389.jpg

DSCN0386.jpg

Sorry folks, but we are unable to incorporate these new features into older units.  The connector spacing has changed.

Best regards

Ron Meyer

Professional Sound Corp 

I have to give credit for the USB charging port idea to Peter at Gotham Sound in N.Y.  He suggested that I ad the port and as soon as he said it, I thought what a simple, great addition that would be.  I know my iPhone tends to go dead at just the wrong time.

Thanks Peter!

Ron

I mounted my powerstar with the connectors to the rear on my sound cart,  so I prefer my usb outlets in a more accessible location.  Got a lot of mileage charging the iphones of the production manager and producers.  My usb box has four usb outlets for greater flexibility.

ao

This little wall-wart-like item may prove a useful interim alternative to buying up and/or over to V 2.0 for those who wish to keep USB-powered gizmo's charged:

http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=5813#

Schneider's the greatest.

-- Jan

my favorite for travelling is this belkin unit.  the ac plug rotates,  so you can orient it as it suits best.

http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=400738

ao