Sennheiser HiDyn plus your experience

Morpheus

Hello to all of you, I am interested in your experiences with HiDyn plus systems (such as SK 50, SK 250, SK 3063, SK 5012, SK 5212 SK 5212-II, bodypack and SKM 5000, SKM 3072, SKM 5200, SKM 5200-ii handheld), there are also various receivers (such as EM 1046, EM 3732 rack mount, and portable EK 3041, EM 3241, EM 6042). I heard somewhere that Sennheiser SKM 5200-II/SK 5212-II with EM 3732-II can sound better than WIsycom. And I would also like to ask if anyone has some raw audio recording to upload them, I would be very grateful. Thanks everyone in advance.

I have worked with various generations of HiDyn plus items (all from Sennheiser, not Wisycom). I can say that it can sound terrible if there are many older and aged components running together. Main issues are pumping and noise flags, esp. when gain is not adjusted exactly on TX. Which is difficult as we all know. Also the older SKs have gain control only in 10dB steps!

But the newer the better. The latest combo of an SK 5212-II and an EK 6042 for instance sounds absolutely great and meets current production standards of analogue wireless. All products up from EK 3241 and SK 5212/SKM 5200 may still be ok nowadays and worth a try. All RX except EK 6042 have too low output level for 633's I/P 4 to 6.

I have both SK5212 with EK6042 and Wisy MCR54 with MTP40. Both sound pretty similar, or rather both sound great. The differences in sound between the two are not worth mentioning at all considering this is for a bench mic. I also had an older EK3241 receiver which also sounded good, as "Mungo" mentions the output level of the EK3241 can be quite low - it depends on the "setting" - unfortunately this setting is hardware (using a resistor) and can only be done at Sennheiser service. Sennheiser has slightly more noise. But it doesn't have clipping above 20kHz in the compander, which is quite a major problem in remote focusing with cameras and with induction cookers. Wisycom for the older MTP 40 and 41 has a version with an ultrasonic filter, which solves this problem.

Thanks again for your answers... I have SK 50 and SKM 5000. I would say that they are superior than the EW 500 G4 series (only in terms of sound quality), of course they are very old from 1993, but they still look nice.
"Mungo" and I also noticed that they can sound terrible if the gain is set incorrectly, especially on the SKM 5000, on the SK 50 is less noticeable.
Regarding Sennheiser's portable EK receivers, I have found that their specifications are not as good as those of the EM series rack-mounted receivers.
"humbuk" also I think the latest HiDyn plus receiver EM 3732-II has a DSP which reduces noise and artifacts, it also has a thd of 0.3% and the EK 3241 has 1%...
P.S. I own the SKM 4031-tv and SK 2012-tv (UHF version) with EK 2012 and EM1036 receivers, which I consider to be the best analog systems I have ever heard. However, as this equipment is from 1982, it has only one fixed frequency, that is the only big drawback for me...