TAI Audio Closed?

FILMMIX

NEW WEBSITE & BRANDING COMING VERY SOON!

We are so excited to announce that we are launching our new website very soon! Not only are we putting search at the heart of our website, we are adding a special section for expendables allowing you quick and easy to access to the items you need constantly which we are calling TAI express. You might also notice a difference in our newsletters and social media posts as well.

We will be getting back to our roots of providing you the very best in rental, service, and sales. With that, we are reverting back to our original name of Topam Audio Incorporated. You can still call us T-A-I. We ask that if you find or experience any issues, to let us know, we would love feedback so that we can continually improve your experience with us.

This overhaul will be continually built upon and this is only the first stage!

Got this email a couple of weeks ago. Mostly "insane" deal promo stuff, and rebranding talk...

I received an email late last year(?) from the "new owner" introducing himself.  Then received an email a week or two ago from a former employee that has started their own business since TAI has closed.  Makes me want to reach out to my former sales rep there that retired last year and see what they know.  Seems kind of sudden and out of the blue to me.  The last thing we need is less competition.

This same topic just came up on reddit today, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's sad to say but Yes, TAI-Audio is no longer in business. I worked there for many years and it hurt when the doors closed for good. The new owner wasn't willing to listen to experienced men and women of the industry but that is what happens when you get yourself into something you have no clue running. I do hope that TAI's owner reimburses it's former customers and employees everything they lost from working/doing business with them. 

Keep the industry strong my brothers and sisters. 

• 7 months later...

I know this was from last year. I just found out a few days ago they closed...and I live here in Orlando. I guess it's been a while since I've been there. I always liked the idea of a production audio rental/sales house in my town. There used to be a few places where you could rent and buy audio gear but they we a mix of video and audio. A couple of things I didn't like about TAI, I was told by Joe Guzzi that they refused to work with Zaxcom because of something that happened a long time ago and that is where I started to notice their downfall. I had also heard around town that the repair department had fallen. Not the same as it used to be. Mostly, it doesn't help that our governor is a horrible leader who lied about supporting the FL film industry and has let so much work get stolen by GA. A really stupid man who stated a WOJKE war against Disney and ran a horrible presidential campaign. Surprised me that TAI lasted as long as they did.

4 minutes ago, aginzo said:

I know this was from last year. I just found out a few days ago they closed...and I live here in Orlando. I guess it's been a while since I've been there. I always liked the idea of a production audio rental/sales house in my town. There used to be a few places where you could rent and buy audio gear but they we a mix of video and audio. A couple of things I didn't like about TAI, I was told by Joe Guzzi that they refused to work with Zaxcom because of something that happened a long time ago and that is where I started to notice their downfall. I had also heard around town that the repair department had fallen. Not the same as it used to be. Mostly, it doesn't help that our governor is a horrible leader who lied about supporting the FL film industry and has let so much work get stolen by GA. A really stupid man who stated a WOJKE war against Disney and ran a horrible presidential campaign. Surprised me that TAI lasted as long as they did.

A few years ago I came in to pick up a cable, can't remember what it was. Some guy in there came to me and asked if I needed help, "I said yeah I'm here to pick up a cable that I order." It was specific to Zaxcom so the guy knew this and put his ponter fingers in an X formation and like acted out as if Zaxcom was the enemy or something but said "Just kidding heh he". It was so bizarre and quite creepy. Zaxcom or Glen Sanders must have traumatized all of them because they would not sell or service Zaxcom gear unless it was a Deva. Anything Nomad and later they did not want to have anything to do with. Their loss.