Comtek Racks

Comteks are great ….. and terrible. They make us money and keep clients happy, even though they don’t sound that good. They are one of the items that i have come to see as the “face” of my sound since every client on set will interact with them directly and often. So last year I finally got tired of buying cheap hanging shoe racks (they only last a few months) to store, organize, inventory, and distribute my comteks and I commissioned a set of custom hanging pouches. Now that i have them I can’t believe I didn’t do this before. I have both 8x and 12x versions (I do mostly commercial and scripted narrative).  I hang one on the back of my cart, or move it to a mic stand to put in video village. 

So i thought i’d post them here as a starting point to see how others are carrying and distributing their comteks. Please fill this thread with pictures and ideas that fit your individual workflows. 

IMG_0894.jpeg

This is pretty exactly what I did--the shoe-caddy thing on a stand placed near the "client corral" on larger jobs.  I found that in general the peeps were pretty good about placing their Comteks back in the pouches when we made a move, for which I was grateful.  For years before I started doing this I would bitch about how careless the users of the Comteks were--this rig seemed to solve about 90% of the "left-behind" issues.

On 5/25/2023 at 9:20 PM, Philip Perkins said:

This is pretty exactly what I did--the shoe-caddy thing on a stand placed near the "client corral" on larger jobs.  I found that in general the peeps were pretty good about placing their Comteks back in the pouches when we made a move, for which I was grateful.  For years before I started doing this I would bitch about how careless the users of the Comteks were--this rig seemed to solve about 90% of the "left-behind" issues.

I’ve had the same experience. I barely have to spend any time looking for comteks at wrap and that alone is worth it.