Problems with using QRX 212 in Nova

Oscar

Hi there,

it's been a while since I posted. happy this community is still existing. I've had peace with my Nomad/RX12 Setup for some time but sometimes I have to do bag jobs and I realize I need to get the weight down. So my colleague has a Nova which he normally also uses also with an RX12 but now we are trying to get the NOVA Doc-Setup working and unfortunantely it's not behaving how it should do... this is the situation after installing 2 QRX212 into the Nova1:

I can see the QRX212 modules being recognized and I can set frequency and modulation so that I can get reception. But there is only reception on 1 of the four possible channels. That's in dual mode, in sigle mode it's even not reocgnizing the transmitter at all. With everything set right, no matter if the modulation is mono, XR or ZHD96. I have some pictures uploaded which show it. there seems to be a conflict in the machine with the frequencies chaging which I derive from a flickering display which is also visible in the video.

The Nova has FW 4.47. The QRX Modules have the FW 4.13P. 

So because I was suspecting the FW I've trying to update it to 4.38 but I got stuck with the message Waiting QR2 438. I did that with my RX12 which i updated to the latest FW 2.16 to make sure that's not the problem...

Update: While i was writing this I changed the modules to other ones , also qrx212 with the same FW version and oh wonder and surprise. it's working!

typical Zaxcom moment. Have to find out. Maybe it was a contact problem with the pins that I hadn't inserted the modules properly into the slots...

Yet another update: modules are not receivering constantly. Everything's offline now. And after some time I can't get it to work at all anymore

Does it maybe have anything to do with the qrx / mrx setting in the advanced engineering menu? I have tried both...

I anybody out there has a Nova setup working with the old qrx212 modules. please get in touch with me!

Groß (IMG_1464).jpeg

Groß (IMG_1465).jpeg

Groß (IMG_1466).jpeg

Groß (IMG_1467).jpeg

Sorry topic naming was supposed to be "...QRX 212...

Edited by Oscar

• Oscar changed the title to Problems with using QRX 212 in Nova
  • 8 months later...

Zaxcom's secret firmware stash is here:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MNgp9JsUheHsRCDh31eDV66_eJoVX3kO

One gotcha that I didn't see mentioned:  The Nova has an option that has to be manually set to either QRX or MRX to recognize the appropriate receiver.  It's possible you've got this set correctly already, but if you haven't checked it, track it down!  I believe a very recent Nova firmware made is accessible from the Rx menu; previously it was buried in one of the advanced ENG menues.