What do you keep on hand for mounting lavs?

Bob

Add to Whitney's excellent list Overcovers and Undercovers, folding scissors (those linked, for their sharp points), various safety pins (in case of young or otherwise busy wardrobe supervisors), bobby pins (for emergency hair placement if hair doesn't have any on hand), l'il tiny rubber bands, sewing kit with pre-threaded needles.

-- Jan

In addition to what's listed above, I also carry gaff tape (but that probably goes without saying), white cloth-type medical tape, and waterproof medical tape, which is pretty much made of the same stuff as bandaids.  Some guys carry actual bandaids, but I think they're more expensive.  Also makeup sponges for stuffing lavs up in to necktie knots, and alcohol wipes for cleaning skin oil off before applying anything sticky to talent.  I also sometimes use 3m carpet tape, which is a durable double-sided cloth tape meant to hold rugs and carpets to slick floors.  If you stick it on real well and let it cure for a few minutes, it holds very, very strong to many different types of material.

• 2 years later...

Audio Dept in Burbank carries their own takes on the rm11, including smaller sized and tube like ones both with and without vampire teeth. I purchased a hand full of them when I discovered them and they seem to be very effective and easier to mount to clothing than an rm11.