Thursday, November 2 - our director on "Rush Hour 3"

Jeff Wexler

The call time today on "Rush Hour 3" was 7:30 am at Culver Studios. I got to the studio early, as usual (since it is only 15 minutes from home, lucky me), had some breakfast (For Stars Catering --- first class) and then midway through setting up for the day's work, Jaime, the 1st AD, called us all onto the set. Brett Ratner, our Director, was sick and would not be coming in today, so we were told we could all go HOME! I half expected that Jaime might say that Brett wasn't coming in but we would still shoot, shoot something, because I was at that moment thinking about whether we could shoot without the director. I know it rarely happens, but the reality is that the director (and in this case with Brett) really relies on the crew to the extent that we could in many cases, carry on without the director.

I am happy to have the day off, with pay, but I'm sure we will pay for this day in some way in the future...  I will just enjoy the time off as it is, and back to work tomorrow at 7 am.

-  JW