PortaBrace for Fusion

gabi

Does anyone know which model is this PortaBrace bag that Mr. Ulano is using?

I am looking for a BP bag for the Zaxcom Fusion, but BP doesn't seem to make one specially for Zaxcom. They make a bag for the Fostex PD6 that might fit.

I like their modular design, with the receiver pouch, not the big sound organizers.

Thanks,

Gabi

post-795-130815089059_thumb.jpg

I like that this picture appears to be from the scene in Inglorious Basterds where we meet "the Bear Jew".  Can anyone confirm or disconfirm?

I don't know with certainty. But my guess would be "The Tourist." That was shot in Venice and local laws prohibit vehicles so Mark was able to use his sound cart only occasionally. He did most of the film with a hand-held rig.

David

I like that this picture appears to be from the scene in Inglorious Basterds where we meet "the Bear Jew".  Can anyone confirm or disconfirm?

I don't know with certainty. But my guess would be "The Tourist." That was shot in Venice and local laws prohibit vehicles so Mark was able to use his sound cart only occasionally. He did most of the film with a hand-held rig.

David

Ah, this would make sense.

E.

Ok. Lots of replies and nothing about the PB bag. I just love this group. Seriously.

Thanks anyway.

Gabi

I'm pretty sure I gave you at least a resource to find out about the PB bag, but since I'm a nice guy, I found out for you.  Try looking for this Portabrace AO-4.

Hi Phil

I´am not sure. Send an email to Dirk Oschmann (mail@filmtontechnik.de), from Filmtontechnik Kortwich. He can answer all your questions. I think it will be no problem to send a bag to USA.

It´s the best rental house for filmsound in Berlin, i know them since years and you can trust them.

Best regards from Düsseldorf

Ralf

• 9 months later...

I sold Mark a Portabrace AO-B4-5 and I believe that is it. Here is a link:

http://portabrace.com/productA-AO-B4_5

I suggest putting velcro tape on your units to keep everything snug.

-Robert

Does anyone know which model is this PortaBrace bag that Mr. Ulano is using?

I am looking for a BP bag for the Zaxcom Fusion, but BP doesn't seem to make one specially for Zaxcom. They make a bag for the Fostex PD6 that might fit.

I like their modular design, with the receiver pouch, not the big sound organizers.

Thanks,

Gabi

post-424-0-49988200-1310062482.gif

" It is a very ugly setup "

guess it works for him... He can, and does, buy anything and everything he feels he wants and needs.

Yes he can , but I have a feeling he could buy a shopping basket and save 200 us$ for a new barrett and still have the same lousy comfort .

MS

I have to give a +1 to the Kortwich bag for the fusion. I have been using a portabrace AO-4 up until now, and the kortwich is a notable step on the right direction for me. The padded back strap makes my days doing over the shoulder work a hell of a lot nicer on my back.

-Greg-

My apologies. A closer examination of the photo reveals it is not the AO-B4/5 and is most likely a AR-DV5 that Joel mentioned, made by Portabrace and distributed by Zaxcom.

The AO-B4/5 does not have any of the clear plastic protective covers but instead comes with a full weather cover with clear plastic. The AO-B4/5 doesn't have a lot of protection or extra coverings and is a more barebones audio organizer. I find it works wonderfully with a Fusion and 5 wireless mics and a BDS + Comteks. Sticky velcro on the Fusion and wireless ensure everything stays together snug and make it feel like a solid purposefully built unit. There is a "always open" front pouch that fits whatever you like and some pockets (once again without flaps) on the front of that pouch. It has a pull size pocket with velcro flap on the body-side of the AO-B4/5 which is very useful for expendables. There are velcro conduits, tie-downs and loops to make sure all of you cables do not stray and get snagged. I value simplicity and low-weight highly and it is for this reason that I highly recommend this bag. If I worked in harsher environments I would opt for a bag with more protection but (fortunately) that isn't the case and this bag has been my clear choice for years now. Being able to easily access the sides without having my hands scrape along velcro is much appreciated as I revise my bag as needed to match the work at hand. The lightweight and simple design meets my primary needs. It holds everything I need without weighing me down or getting in my way.

-Robert