Sanken COS 11 cable noise

Rasmus Wedin

• 1 year later...

I asked a seamstress to realize some lav straps, with elastic band and I 've got a lot of noise, with sanken cos 11, quite frustrating, many of you complain about the noisy of sanken cable, lav straps are very useful for hairy chests but probably I made them with the wrong material, an elastic band too much rigid (or just new.) is anyone using the Ursa chest straps? I have seen some video and seems to very efficient, probably due to the material density they are made of. 

4 hours ago, Eric Toline said:

Sorry there seems to be an issue on this comp with DLing the file.

Got the file to open on a different comp, yes there is some rubbing noise but it's very hard to offer any specific advice from a short sample. It could be loose clothing rubbing on the capsule or the cable. You just have to keep working on placement and isolation of the capsule, I would suggest using the Rycote Overcovers for the capsule. Good luck. 

It a multichannel file with boom and 2 lavs noisy, the capsule is fully isolated in the rm11 and wrapped into the lav strap.

I read here about a gain issue on the TX, I am using sennheiser ew 100 g2 set at -20db, i could low them to to 30.  Unfortunately i own 2 sankens and generaly rent what concerning lavs so i get wisi lectro whatever i want, and  I Remember with sankens and sennheiser 2000 i didnt have this noise issue. Could be the couple cos11 ew100 one of the causes? Some tx/lav are noisier then others?

• 5 years later...
On 11/30/2016 at 9:59 AM, daniel said:

A Sony rep told me the ecm88 has problems with digital TX (at least with the Sony digital TX). I liked the sound though.

I was thinking about getting the Sony ECM88 (or perhaps ECM90) to use with my Sony digital wireless bodypacks, but this is concerning, do you know anything more about? What problems? How does it get resolved?