Threads in pages?

imagist

Hi Jeff,

I find dividing threads up in to pages uses more time and is more inconvenient than having one long thread, not sure if any one else finds this? I often load the wrong page and have to backtrack or go forwards for example.

Is there any control over threads being divided in to pages with the site setup?

I find this with lots of web sites particularly when for example you are looking for something specific and have to keep re-loading essentially the same page many times. In fact I'm not sure why so many web sites are so insistent on using multiple pages?

Might one long scrollable thread be possible?

thanks

Mick

Might one long scrollable thread be possible?

thanks

Mick

I know what you mean but it is not possible to have one long scrolling "page" for any given topic. This would require hard coding of the entire display structure of the forum. I think that things are coded the way they are for some good reason, though I would not know exactly why. I did discover that if you look at any individual post and click on the topic heading, you get a pretty big page with many entries that you can scroll through until you have to go to the next page.

Another site using Oxwall Open Source software I have been looking into might provide the sort of browsing you are talking about, but I know that nobody wants to try and move again from this familiar site.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

I was able to change the number of posts displayed on a page (this was at the suggestion of Laurence Abrams who knows a lot more about these things). I have increased all pages to display up to 30 posts per page, this should help. It may even be possible that the sort of view that was requested (even more than 30 per page) can be individually selected via your Profile "Look and Feel" settings. I do not know this for sure, whether it can be different for each individual member or not.

- Jeff Wexler