TC stamped mp3 transcription files

Bob Marts

It does not seem possible to persuade Sound Devices to update Wave Agent with a number of improvements which would make it excellent...

Although Wave Agent offers some very useful utilities (for free) there are some very annoying things about it - font handling on the Mac truncates file names in sound reports so I have to use the Windows version, for this one reason (infuriating). The track advance when playing can only be done if play is stopped (infuriating)....

But it's been like that for years at a time before the next update.....

Anyone else agree or have any ideas how we could get Sound Devices to give it higher priority - I'm guessing financial profit is probably the only answer?

FYI, V1.17 released in March at no cost to user, includes the improvements requested above.

Paul

Hi there, does anyone know of transcribing software that plays TC stamped MP3s while displaying the timecodes? I can't seem to find one... Thanks for your help!

I wrote a Transcription Program called TC-Transcriber that handles playback of Time Code Stamped

MP3 files as well as WMA, WMV, MOV BWF WAV and most other types of

media files. It has timecode displayed in a small window and when used with a

serial foot pedal (with USB adaptor) will automatically transfer the current timecode to the

Clipboard every time you pause or play the file while typing in your favorite Word Processor

Many Transcription houses are using this along with BWF-Widget Pro for

playback of these time coded files. It also allows you to set the timecode

for a video File with BURN IN TIME CODE (BITC) and have that running time

code track as you play the file.

Below is a link to the program download. Windows Only works on any

version of Windows from 98 to Windows 8. Completely Functional for 15 day trial

period. Like BWF-Widget Pro it runs fine on a MAC using VMWare Fusion or

Parallels. So all you Apple Snobs stop whining and just buy VMWare It is a lot cheaper than hiring a programmer to write a MAC version of a program that will only will be used by a few hundred people at most.

Here is a link to the TC-Transcriber operation Manual only:

http://www.bwfwidget...nstructions.zip

TC-Transcriber Program demo with instructions (Fully functional for 15 days)

Download, Unzip and run setup.

http://www.bwfwidget...scriber1040.zip

Registration to Unlock after trial period expires is $79.. Just droop me an

email and I will send a PayPal invoice.

I'm sorry if this reads like an ad, but since there is no website yet for this program it is sold only by personal request and does not show up on Google Searches. I am posting the links here because of the requests for such a program in this thread.

-------Courtney Goodin

widget@bwfwidget.com

I'm sorry if this reads like an ad, but since there is no website yet for this program it is sold only by personal request and does not show up on Google Searches. I am posting the links here because of the requests for such a program in this thread.

-------Courtney Goodin

widget@bwfwidget.com

You're forgiven, Courtney, for posting the Ad for BWFWidget... not forgiven for your reference to all the "Apple Snobs".

BWFWidget pretty much sounds like the only option out there. It would probably be cheaper to just buy a cheap PC laptop than run it on a Mac considering the cost of VMWare or Parallells + buying a copy of MS Windows. I tried running it on a netbook somebody pretty much gave me (that I use for the Lectro app), but couldn't get it to work.

I appreciate BWFWidget existing. Let's be real, if there was a bigger market for this, they probably wouldn't be the only game in town.

You're forgiven, Courtney, for posting the Ad for BWFWidget... not forgiven for your reference to all the "Apple Snobs".

Sorry Jeff, I just get so tired of everyone asking me "When is the Mac version going to be available" . I developed most of this software for myself and not as a commercial project. It took several years to develop and simply isn't possible to port to the closed system of Apple. As Jon Tatooles stated about Wave Agent, No one was interested in creating a cross platform product so they had to start from scratch and do it themselves.

And maybe I wasn't clear, It is not an ad for BWF-Widget Pro. It is a link to a program I wrote for Transcription called TC-Transcriber. It has most of the Time Code Playback features of BWF-Widget Pro but is simpler to use and aimed specifically at playback of time coded files for Transcription using a foot pedal. I have never advertised the program. It doesn't even have a website so these links I posted in this forum are the only place to get it. I just posted them so people looking for transcription houses that can handle their time stamped MP3 Files can send them this link and they can use the demo to handle their project since it works for 15 days. I'll edit my above post to show the TC-Transcriber name since the links get shortened and look like they are to BWF-Widget since that is the folder the TC-Transcriber files are located in.

P.S. I Just bought a new Macbook Pro Retina and it runs Windows 7 Great! But I'm not a snob about it.

BWFWidget pretty much sounds like the only option out there. It would probably be cheaper to just buy a cheap PC laptop than run it on a Mac considering the cost of VMWare or Parallells + buying a copy of MS Windows. I tried running it on a netbook somebody pretty much gave me (that I use for the Lectro app), but couldn't get it to work.

I appreciate BWFWidget existing. Let's be real, if there was a bigger market for this, they probably wouldn't be the only game in town.

The programs work on all the netbooks I've tried. You just have to "Run as Administrator" when runing on any version of Windows that came around after XP. Just right click the program icon and choose "run as administrator" from the drop down menu. Works in a 1024x600 screen but that is about the minimum resolution. If you are still having problems just drop me a note about any error messages you may see.

Sorry Jeff, I just get so tired of everyone asking me "When is the Mac version going to be available" . I developed most of this software for myself and not as a commercial project. It took several years to develop and simply isn't possible to port to the closed system of Apple.

-----Courtney

Just kidding, Courtney, I know the history of your development and I have always tried to explain to everyone else (who use only Macs) that it is not a simple task to make a Mac version of your software. If you had been well versed in the programming for Mac OS applications you could have written BWFWidget Pro quite easily for the Mac but that is not your area of expertise. Since you do not have the resources of a larger company (like Sound Devices) people should realize that you are not going to do a Mac version (which I understand from you would have to be done from scratch). With the Mac platform being so dominate in our industry I'm sure that if there is enough demand for a program like BWFWidget Pro, someone with the resources (and the possibility of making some money) will develop something for the Mac. The reality is, however, that we are such a small segment (particularly if we're talking about production sound people), that the creation of such an application is unlikely. The developers that are doing really well are the ones who are building "Apps" (I don't like the term either) for iOS devices that have mass appeal to wide audiences --- this is not the case, obviously, for a program that does what BWFWidget Pro does (even if it did run on your phone).