Office for Mac 2011

So in 2009 I switched both the family computer and my laptop to Mac's. All is well but, I really miss Excell, Word and Outlook at home. I understand that Office for Mac 2011, to be released in October, will finally have Outlook available on it and I am very tempted to go for the best of both worlds with Microsoft Office and my Mac. Does anyone have experience with Office for Mac and, any comments about it?

Thanks 

So in 2009 I switched both the family computer and my laptop to Mac's. All is well but, I really miss Excell, Word and Outlook at home. I understand that Office for Mac 2011, to be released in October, will finally have Outlook available on it and I am very tempted to go for the best of both worlds with Microsoft Office and my Mac. Does anyone have experience with Office for Mac and, any comments about it?

Thanks

Steve,

I have always used Office for Mac.  My latest version is 2008.  I primarily use Excel, Word, and Entourage (for email).  Stability and features are excellent, but you have to get used to a new set of shortcuts for Mac vs. PC.

Robert

Word, Excel and even PowerPoint are fine on the Mac. Up until now, Entourage has blown on the Mac. Perhaps they will fix that in the upcoming release.

They have scrapped Entourage and replaced it with a version of Outlook (said to be very similar to Outlook on Windows).

- Jeff Wexler

Word, Excel and even PowerPoint are fine on the Mac. Up until now, Entourage has blown on the Mac. Perhaps they will fix that in the upcoming release.

I dunno. I've gotten used to Entourage over the years. But then, I've also gotten used to getting beaten over the head in post... so I can get used to anything.

I'll tell you what I'm worried about: importing about 10 years' worth of Entourage mail archives to Mac Outlook! That could be dicey. At least I'm familiar with Outlook, having had to use it at my day job for many years -- though many corporations are now only doing email in the cloud (like Google Mail, Windows Live, and all that).

--Marc W.