using remote for boom recorder

I found a few things, I think this might be the best one:

From the Plex forums: #9

I didn't even know this issue existed but I'm glad you brought it up. Seems to have upset a lot of people. I wonder if it's been discussed here before as I imagine a fair number of users must be running both Boom Recorder and SL.

• 2 weeks later...

The most configurable option I've seen for IR remotes is a unit called the ExpressRemote, originally made by Keyspan.  They may have made a couple of different versions, some specifically for iTunes.  I think it is now being manufactured / resold by Tripplite?  It has a highly customizable ability to launch applications or trigger different mouse / key commands depending on what application is currently in focus.  I'd be surprised if it couldn't be adapted for BoomRecorder use.  Have you checked out BoomRecorder's Applescript library?  It has your basic transport controls plus some metadata abilities.  If you are handy at coding, you could easily tie in this way too.  One of the dub stages I work with uses BoomRecorder as a backup recorder for their ProTools rig, including automated metadata entry.  I'd like to figure out how they did that.

The most configurable option I've seen for IR remotes is a unit called the ExpressRemote, originally made by Keyspan.  They may have made a couple of different versions, some specifically for iTunes.  I think it is now being manufactured / resold by Tripplite?  It has a highly customizable ability to launch applications or trigger different mouse / key commands depending on what application is currently in focus.  I'd be surprised if it couldn't be adapted for BoomRecorder use.  Have you checked out BoomRecorder's Applescript library?  It has your basic transport controls plus some metadata abilities.  If you are handy at coding, you could easily tie in this way too.  One of the dub stages I work with uses BoomRecorder as a backup recorder for their ProTools rig, including automated metadata entry.  I'd like to figure out how they did that.

Can't Boom Recorder record on timecode advance? All they would need was for a a bit of leeway for timecode advance and as soon as they start the timecode moving ... boom recorder starts.

I'm guessing here of course.

That would handle the transport, but not metadata entry... so for like ADR sessions, they are doing line 702, for example, BoomRecorder gets the metadata automatically entered for scene and take info.  I'm pretty sure they don't chase to timecode, and likely also start the transport via AppleScript, just to ensure that the metadata is updated before rolling.

The BoomRecorder side is pretty easy, as Take Vos has documented the AppleScript hooks well.  It is the ProTools side that is more curious, as I'm not aware of any supported AppleScript library for Pro Tools, unless it is there and just not documented.  Maybe there is a 3rd party plugin doing the metadata transmission.