K-Tek showing new boom rig at Creatasphere

We will be showing a prototype of a boom pole carrying vest; "Easy Boom" at Creatasphere in Burbank.  We really want boom operators to try it on and give us feed back.  Please stop by booth 507. We will have it at the show on Nov. 3rd from 1-8 and Nov. 4th from 11-4.

If you have any questions please send me an email or call the shop (760)727-0593.

Thanks!

Brenda Klemme Parker

I've seen and tried out the Easy Boom with Manfred and Brenda (Jeff was with us, too) and saw that it has some interesting possibilities.  It's based on the Easy Rig camera harness concept but, as Brenda says, it's just a prototype... which means that at this point, they will be listening very closely to your comments and suggestions.  If you plan to go to Creatasphere, you should be sure to check this out and then come back here to give us a report on what you think.

Laurence

We will be showing a prototype of a boom pole carrying vest; "Easy Boom" at Creatasphere in Burbank.  We really want boom operators to try it on and give us feed back.  Please stop by booth 507. We will have it at the show on Nov. 3rd from 1-8 and Nov. 4th from 11-4.

If you have any questions please send me an email or call the shop (760)727-0593.

Thanks!

Brenda Klemme Parker

Will you be at AES that weekend (Nov 5-7?)

• 2 weeks later...

Several of us have seen this new adaptation*, and while it is a work in progress, it will soon be available for demo's from at least a couple of our usual suspects (another reason why it is always a good idea to establish a relationship with one or more of them!)

it allows a boom pole to quickly go from our usual, typical operation to assisted operation, (and back, as needed) and will, of course, be particularly useful for long poles, though I suspect a lot of the ENG and reality folks will find it a worthwhile addition to their kits; using it will facilitate more attention to the controls on the recorder/mixer that can be added in front, as this unit mostly supports from behind (and then over the wearers head!)...  probably also will become a hot rental item.

watch for pictures, soon, I expect, and as noted, prototypes in demo service soon...

* The Creat-a-sphere show had little for "our crowd", and K-Tek was the only Audio booth I saw, with Norbert actually being the big star of the booth...

even as a whole the show was kinda' sparse,  I only saw one RED, one AF-100, and one Panasonic 3D camcorders...

AES this weekend is also not really our show, with PA and more traditional recording being the big guns...