Firefox saying the discussion group is an attack site

Michael

Firefox is giving me the warning, but Chrome opened it no problem.

When I was on earlier today on firefox, none of the pictures were opened in the posts, and when I tried to download them and open them in Preview, I got an error message that they (jpeg) were an unsupported format.

Marc

Very curious that Chrome did not report --- the origin of the report is from Google crawl and isn't Chrome a Google browser?

-  Jeff Wexler

At first Chrome worked fine, but this morning I tried it and a couple of pages into my visit, the warnings came up.

I'm curious if this will happen until all the cached pages at various ISP's reload.

Best regards,

Jim

Our site was attacked and massively corrupted. I have completed doing a restore from backup and we should be in good shape now.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Jeff,

Make sure you change your passwords you use to access the site.

These javascript trojans scrape your password from other drive by worms then use that data to re-infect your website.

It is automated bots and if you don't change your passwords you are liable to be re-infected.  It happened to my website a while back and even after full restore from backups it was re-infected in a couple of days until I changed the passwords.

Also you and your webmaster or anyone who has access to your website data pages needs to thoroughly scan their machine for these javascript worms or trojans before you change the passwords. That is how the password lists get stolen in the first place.  And yes they can infect both Mac and PC machines.

----Courtney

Passwords have been changed. The forum site is on my Lunarpages account and I don't know what Lunarpages does to prevent these things, if anything. I don't really have a webmaster...  well, he is a master and a good friend, Laurence, who tirelessly helped me through this most recent adventure.

-  Jeff Wexler