Schoeps CMC4 Question

Matt Radlauer

I was recently given a CMC4u with an MK4 capsule...What an amazing gift right??

Its an older mic, so I was wondering what capsules are compatible with it? I'd like to get a low cut and possibly a pad at some point and wnat to make sure what I get will work with this mic.

Also I'm open to any suggestions on configuration etc...I understand these are not great outside mics. So any opinions about the mic etc would be a great help.

Thanks!

A great gift indeed.

I don't know where you are located, but a trip to Mark at Location Sound for a look-over and a run in the mic chamber would be money well spent.

Robert

I'm in the Phx area...Not sure where he's at...Other than plugging it in and listening to room tone thru it, I havent really used it yet.

I did look and found that it is indeed a "blue dot". Not sure if that means its the higher output version or not...

This is a brand of mic that I thought was going to be out of reach for me for a while....To have it given to me was an amazing surprise...and by someone who really doesnt know me very well.

Again I appreciate the feedback and suggestions...I think I'll be looking for a low cut filter for it as well as a pad.