744t with CF adapter instead o the hard drive

RadoStefanov

I have not had any problems or complaints.

I think the filter is for electrical noise produced by a hard drive.

The XL-1394 Power Filter is used when connecting bus-powered disk drives, DVD-RAM and hard drive, to the 7-Series recorders. The XL-1394 filters power supply noise generated by these consumer devices from inducing noise into the analog preamplifiers of 7-Series recorders.
I don't believe a CF card produces any noise.

Here is a link to a thread on the SD forums discussing using a CF card as an external backup writer.

http://forums.sounddevices.com/showthread.php?t=2204

Bob

I have not had any problems or complaints.

I think the filter is for electrical noise produced by a hard drive.  I don't believe a CF card produces any noise.

Here is a link to a thread on the SD forums discussing using a CF card as an external backup writer.

http://forums.sounddevices.com/showthread.php?t=2204

Bob

I was worried about this issue when I first put the XL-DVD Ram in my bag (without Sound Devices XL-1394), but I haven't had a problem with noise being induced into the recorder or on the record files. I no longer use the DVD Ram as a primary real time recorder, but I'm sure the day will come when I need to, and I'm not worried about noise as much as I am about problem files.

I would like to have a CF Card Extender, so I can have my CF Card readily available for transfers when a client has no way to read DVD Ram. At this point I unplug the XL-DVD Ram and connect the 744T to a computer for transfers, but that's the rare case. I usually hand off DVD Ram and my day is done.

Now, if I can find a CF Card Extender (that has a housing for the CF Card instead of a small exposed PC board) and a short right angle Firewire splitter...?

Well, have fun making sound for movies,