Fusion 10 Problem

Denielle

I am on a shoot, right now, and I am having a problem with my Fusion 10 touch screen freezing in me. I have powered it off and on, changed batteries... It is working. It also keeps jumping to my headphone preset mix screen without my prompting it to. I have contacted Zaxcom, but don't expect to hear back from them until tomorrow, and I need to get through tonight's shoot. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced these problems. It is only two months old....

I have had a similar problem with mine . It turned out to be the circuit board directly on the back of the screen being to tight and putting pressure on the screen from behind . I fixed mine with help from a zax tech on the phone talking me through it . Basically i just loosened the screws on the board , after taking the cover off of course , and that relieved the pressure . This lasted until the end of the job and then I sent it back for repair . I am noticing occasionally that its doing it again . Its kind of freaky as when the screen goes your kinda screwed .

Good luck

Tony

I am a new Fusion 10 owner, and although I haven't experienced any problems with it thus far, I was cautioned that occasionally some dust or dirt will sneak in along the edge of the touhscreen, and affect operation, even though you can't see it. Try sliding in a business card around the edge and gently sweeping out under the bezel. Worth a shot.

E.

I realize I'm days late, but in the future.... I remember seeing a similar issue posted somewhere once and another on-the-fly possible fix is to change the home screen layout. If the screen thinks something is pushing in a spot, the other layout may not have anything in that particular spot.

• 5 weeks later...

Yeap, touch screen has been freezing on me too.

Sometimes I press a letter with the stylus and it gives me another letter when I'm typing scene and take. Or it simply won't respond. Not particularly hot or cold (it's never cold at my hemisphere... Brazil)

Gabi

• 3 weeks later...

Not to highjack, but the only oddness I've been getting since getting my new screen installed is some random glitching of where the screen things I'm actually touching.  80% of the time it's working perfectly, but sometimes when I type in some notes or sliding a virtual fader, the fader will jump back and forth with me just keeping my finger pressed, but not moving.  When this is happening when I'm using the letters/numbers, it's constantly hitting the wrong keys and becoming a nuisance.  I've tried cleaning the edges with a soft brush, air and still happens every now and then.

Thoughts Glenn?

Hi Zack,

This sounds like a screen that has gone bad. Check for any kind of contamination around the edge of the screen that might be interfering with the touch function. I would contact our service department and arrange to have it replaced if the problem persists.

Glenn

Hi Zack,

This sounds like a screen that has gone bad. Check for any kind of contamination around the edge of the screen that might be interfering with the touch function. I would contact our service department and arrange to have it replaced if the problem persists.

Glenn

Hey Glenn, I just updated its firmware yesterday for a gig and didn't have any issues... nor with the trims (yay).  I'll keep an eye on it for my next gig which will test it for a good week straight.  If the screen acts up again, I'll contact Zaxcom to have it looked at again.. thanks.