Zaxcom Wireless and Deva in LA

Guest Glenn

I will be in LA on Dec 12 to Dec 14. I would like to meet with as many sound mixers as I can during my trip. I will have with me the latest Deva software (with EQ and Compressor now in Beta) and our Recording Wireless microphones. The wireless microphones are now delivering with internal flash recording, RF time-code synchronization and RF remote control. I will have demo units with me and would be happy to travel to your set or meet you at Coffey Sound. I will be at Coffey Sound Wednesday Dec 12 from about 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM.  If you are available for an on set visit please email me gs@zaxcom.com with a range of available times.

Best Wishes

Glenn

Must be getting cold back east, Glenn is comming out west. As of today, the 12th is my only day off until the 23rd so I hope to see you at Coffey Snd on that wed. Please bring a mix 12 as well, that I am really interested in, which is not to say that I'm not interested in the wireless or new software. Look foreward to seeing you again.

CrewC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hello everyone, nice information and input from everybody.

bty,

we have a couple recordable digital wireless in rental now, if any one wants to rent before they purchase or even want to demo the units for a couple days please call me and I will set you up. we have had really good feedback so far. the range, the audio quality and the mini sd xfering are all pretty awesome.

thank you,

Frank

hello everyone, nice information and input from everybody.

bty,

we have a couple recordable digital wireless in rental now, if any one wants to rent before they purchase or even want to demo the units for a couple days please call me and I will set you up. we have had really good feedback so far. the range, the audio quality and the mini sd xfering are all pretty awesome.

thank you,

Frank

Sorry, but who is "we"?  Do you work @ a rental house?  Which one?

Philip Perkins

philip,

we have bl 21 in stock right now. are you still in the bay area? does that feq. blk still work out there??  well I guess it dosen't matter if that freq range is good, since you will be on a 12 hr looped recording on the mini sd card and can go to that card when neeeded.

later,

fs

philip,

we have bl 21 in stock right now. are you still in the bay area? does that feq. blk still work out there??  well I guess it dosen't matter if that freq range is good, since you will be on a 12 hr looped recording on the mini sd card and can go to that card when neeeded.

fs

Let's not get too cocky about this recording capability and frequency/spectrum allocation. The recording capability is awesome (and is unique to the Zaxcom Digital wireless) but the need for properly functioning WIRELESS transmission on a clear channel is still the most important thing. Fortunately, something which has been often overlooked, is that the Zaxcom units are very good wireless, excellent audio, easy to use (and program for clear frequency) even without ANY recording capability.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Jeff,

I was just kinda thinking and typing out loud. you are right ofcourse. and thanks for keeping me on my toes.

the wireless are great, as a wireless system without the recording feature. a walk test with the other wireless systems (the closest models to the zaxcom unit) they held up just fine. and the digital clarity is awesome.

its funny jeff, when I fisrt heard the term "sounds like a hardwired mic" I rolled my eyes and chuckled to my self. but when they shipped and I put them in rental, it is true, the sound is fantastic. we have the system with a countryman emw (think a flat tram) but a little "warmer" and they are performing really well. the few times they have been out, we got great reviews. (not just for the recording feature but for the audio quality)

thanks,

fs