.WAV Player that shows TIMECODE! Where is it!!

beretta

I need a lightweight program/app for OSX and PC that will play our .wav files with stamped timecode. Apparently quicktime pro shows timecode, but only for videos. Any one know of a piece of software to play TC encoded .WAVs? FCP does but that software is not easy to come by for free.

I need it simply for reporter/producer types who want to listen to track and create simple EDL from audio file.

i don't have a recorder that does time code, but i know that if i open up an audio file in quicktime pro and click window>show movie properties i can then check on timecode and it will be displayed in the quicktime player window. but i'm using an fr2le recorder so i'm not sure what info that is. someone care to try it that has a timecode based recorder?

I haven't used quicktime pro in a while, so correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it just show the frame rate, and not smpte timecode? That's what I use to double check the frame rate of picture I would get for sound editorial.

i don't have a recorder that does time code, but i know that if i open up an audio file in quicktime pro and click window>show movie properties i can then check on timecode and it will be displayed in the quicktime player window. but i'm using an fr2le recorder so i'm not sure what info that is. someone care to try it that has a timecode based recorder?

here's a screen cap i made showing the QT window, which is displaying a number that runs, but its not in an HHMMSSFF, its some other rate that i'm not familiar with. you can see behind the player is the movie properties where i've checked on the timecode track. dfisk, you might be thinking of the movie info box where it shows codec, length, frame rate, etc..

Picture2.png

Yes, you are correct. I was thinking of the movie info box. Again, I haven't used QTPro in a few years, so I was just assuming...and only asses assume, right? :)

So, if it displays some other rate that isn't the normal SMPTE rate, is it really useful?

here's a screen cap i made showing the QT window, which is displaying a number that runs, but its not in an HHMMSSFF, its some other rate that i'm not familiar with. you can see behind the player is the movie properties where i've checked on the timecode track. dfisk, you might be thinking of the movie info box where it shows codec, length, frame rate, etc..

Picture2.png