Post your Pets

TimPitot

John, we had four, but lost two this year.  The red brindle in the photos was our first.  We had her for 11 years.  She passed back in May.  The black male and the little girl with white and brindle patches are the two we have now.  Since you have one, you know how much fun they are.  Yes they each have a couch.  Seperate couches in the living room and seperate couches in the den.  Our standing joke is the house we are in now was bought for the hounds, a fenced in yard with many trees and squirrels to chase, a minvan to haul them around, the couches, etc.  Love them would not trade them.  They are like potatoe chips, you can't just have one!

David Rogers

This is "Neko Chan" Mr cat in Japanese. What a great friend he was,always happy to see me after a long day at work. Whenever working on the bench,he had to be right there,inspecting everything I did.Sadly Neko passed away last Feb. while I was out of town working.I layed Neko to rest in the forest in the back yard, he was placed in a pine box with his favorite toys,some treats, his favorite brush and other items. Then the pine box was encased in 1/2 yard of concrete. To finish it off I build a flagstone monument to always remember him. A little extreme maybe, but he was my best four legged friend ever.

post-1593-130815091431_thumb.jpg

post-1593-130815091436_thumb.jpg

post-1593-13081509144_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This has been a wonderful thread to read through and get to know a new side of our members. Lots of smiles and some sadness too of course.

This is Clover, our 5 year-old shepherd mix rescue. This picture is from a couple of years ago and is one of my favorites. Clover always crosses her paws, so Eden joined her.... sisters of a sort.

Paul

IMG_1418.jpg

since the View From Office i think this one will be my new favorite topic here.

My cat dancing with the Panda when he was about three months old.

The other picture was recently the poor boy got some healthe problem and been sent to the hospital about 10days,now he is back to good condition again.Cheers

post-1694-130815092857_thumb.jpg

post-1694-130815092862_thumb.jpg

You beat me to it, Omar, just as I was trying to re-size your photo, you were doing the same! I will take this opportunity to remind everyone that you should re-size images before posting. Usually something no larger than 625 x 625 is good and fits nicely in the space provided. Sorry that I cannot make this software re-size an image for you.

Also, I LOVE THIS THREAD ... I am a real animal lover and I totally enjoy seeing everyone else's best friends.

-  Jeff Wexler

My friend:

moz-screenshot.jpgmoz-screenshot-1.jpgsasha-01.jpg

Sasha  (Breed: Rag Doll)

This beautiful feline came from my brother and sister-in-law. 

My previous cat, Crystal (also a Rag Doll), was a stray found by my girlfriend's daughter.  When my girlfriend could no longer keep her (living where there was a cat-eating dog), Crystal came to live with me.

Crystal was telepathic.  Whenever something I was cooking was ready, she'd come into the office where I was usually focused on the computer and telepathically tell me the food was ready.  The times when I didn't pick up on this subliminal communication (silly, dumb human), she'd stretch up to the side of the chair and tap me on the arm with a paw.  She was almost always right; I found I should only ignore her if I didn't mind if my food was burned.  She'd even come in to get me when water I'd put on the stove was boiling.  She also knew how to open closed doors.  My joke is that I learned she was not as intelligent as I thought she was because, when she moved in with me, she'd jump up and, with a paw on each side of the deadbolt, try to turn it, thinking it was a doorknob.

Knowing how much I missed Crystal after she passed away, my brother and sister-in-law gave me Sasha.  She was becomming a problem for them since she is a long-hair and boy does she shed.

Sasha is really "low-maintainence" (apart from fur everywhere) and has a sweet temperment.  One amusing trait she has is when she realizes I'm about to leave for the day, she'll dash out of the room with an "I'm going to leave you before you leave me" preemptive flurry.

John B., CAS

You beat me to it, Omar, just as I was trying to re-size your photo, you were doing the same! I will take this opportunity to remind everyone that you should re-size images before posting. Usually something no larger than 625 x 625 is good and fits nicely in the space provided. Sorry that I cannot make this software re-size an image for you.

Also, I LOVE THIS THREAD ... I am a real animal lover and I totally enjoy seeing everyone else's best friends.

-  Jeff Wexler

Hi Jeff,

I've resized my photo smaller in photobucket several times and it is still the same size here, even though it is now 320 x 237 in photobucket. I notice some photos list their size below them and some do not. I do a direct link to photobucket. Is there another way? I would love to just post a photo here without having it hosted somewhere else.

Please enlighten me as to my options and also why my photo is still so big even though I thought I'd made it smaller.

Thanks,

Paul