Post your Pets

TimPitot

Paul, I guess it depends on what operating system you use. I use a Mac, so Preview does a nice job of crunching something huge to any acceptable size very quickly.

If you use a Mac, open your photo with Preview (usually the default app) and go to Tools > Adjust Size > Fit Into, and select 680 by 480 pixels, and voila! Just save as, and then upload it here.

In Windows (I stopped caring after XP, so that's as far as I can recommend), I used Paint, where you can also resize to the desired pixels.

By the way, Clover looks like the coolest doggie ever. Very classy girl!

Cheers,

Please enlighten me as to my options and also why my photo is still so big even though I thought I'd made it smaller.

Thanks,

Paul

Hey, Paul.

The images without dimensions shown are imbedded links to images that live someplace out on the web like yours on Photobucket. They are posted by using the "Insert Image" button above the text entry window.

The images that list image size info are uploaded to the servers where the board lives from the member's home computer via the "Attachments and other options" link below the text entry box.

I'll bet the reason your re-sizing hasn't worked is you have only been changing the preview image posted on Photobucket, not the size of the actual file it links to.

Happy New Year!

Jim

• 1 month later...

This guy is certainly not a pet, but he is an occasional visitor to our garden, I snapped this pic last summer of Mr Fox chilling in a shady spot. He is quite a good looking guy, normally the central London foxes look a bit ragged and covered in bin juice.

[img alt=photo width=640 height=266] 5478232617_c6111320db_z.jpg

hi jan

>One regret I have -- as a happily single person in the film business -- is that it seems a disservice to any living beastie to have one as a pet.<

I agree with you totally - pets need our time and our schedules rarely allow for that

may I recommend sourdough pancakes - yum

thanks for all your excellent posts

you are an great resource for us all

al

The black Lab is Onyx, show here at about 8 months old. She is now a little over a year old and about 70 lbs.

The red dog is our beloved Baltimore retriever Sierra, who will be 9 years old in February.

The cat is Frieda, a tamed feral, who is probably 16 or so by now.

Best regards,

Jim

First of all, this is the greatest thread ever. 

Second, Jim your dog Sierra looks a lot like my dog Beans who is a straight North Philadelphia pound puppy.

3907276949_5b7b68c4a1.jpg

3505310537_93e01f13e4.jpg

First of all, this is the greatest thread ever. 

Second, Jim your dog Sierra looks a lot like my dog Beans who is a straight North Philadelphia pound puppy.

Yeah, Sierra's 100% pound puppy as well and we adopted her from Washington Animal Rescue League while I was working on a fundraising show for them. She came from the Baltimore pound, WARL picked her up from them the day she was due to be put down. A doubly lucky puppy, she contracted parvo along the way there and thanks to WARL's great hospital complete with isolation facilities, Sierra recovered after a long stay in the hospital. When we brought her home at about 5 1/2 to 6 months she only weighed 12 lbs. or so, in the picture below. Today, she's a happy and healthy 74 lbs. at about 9 years old. By comparison, our Lab puppy Onyx was about 22 lbs. at 6 months and now is close to the same size as Sierra, at 70 or so and 15 months.

My friend Nancy, a stylist from Baltimore, christened Sierra a "Baltimore Retriever" in honor of her early life there.

Best regards,

Jim

post-1885-130815094228_thumb.jpg

Ran across an old photo of my two daughters (left and center) and a family friend holding a 9-foot long female Burmese Python named Trinity.  My friend, Tommy, rescued Trinity from an owner who was extremely negligent in caring for her and did a remarkable job nursing her back to health.  The day this photo was taken Tommy had dropped by to show my girls two of his pythons.  We let Trinity stretch out on our front yard for about an hour and bask in the sun.  I didn't know that many cars could screech to a halt in a 20 mph zone!  Our current reptile line up includes three color-morphed Corn Snakes and three Bearded Dragons.  At the top of the food chain is our 14 year old Golden Retriever, Logger.

post-5609-130815094234_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Birds are well under-rated as pets imo, I love em! Whats her name?

The thing that struck me on my 1st trip to Aus was the fantastic bird life you guys have, trees full of Parakeets, Kookaburras etc etc. Awesome.

Here is another gratuitous picture of my cat:

[img alt=photo width=640 height=426] 5739451028_710fc132db_z.jpg

Birds are well under-rated as pets imo, I love em! Whats her name?

The thing that struck me on my 1st trip to Aus was the fantastic bird life you guys have, trees full of Parakeets, Kookaburras etc etc. Awesome.

Finally decided on 'Button' as her name. We've had her for 2 weeks and she's only just been named.

We are very lucky over here, our native birds are absolutely gorgeous. You guys in the UK have better looking Magpies though, and more Owls, and you guys in the US have those gorgeous Cardinals flying around.