Post your Pets

TimPitot

As the starter 'pet' bubbles away for sourdough pancakes this holiday weekend morning, thought it was time to share a video of the new wee being that hopped into my life about a month ago. I think she must have been some kid's Easter Bunny (based on the timing and the vet's age estimate), and now, despite posters and online notices, she's my Easter Bunny, Bunny-Buns. Tried to call her by other names, but...

She's a Holland Lop, and at time of weighing was 1.5 pounds. Lop lore has it she can grow to 4 pounds.

Never thought of myself as a rabbit person, but by golly, she's just right. Quiet as can be, litter trained, and pretty darned smart.

Even took her on a road trip not too long ago.

She makes me inordinately happy.

-- Jan

[Edited for clarity thanks to Mr. Blankenship's fine copywriter's eye.]

Adorable!

As the starter 'pet' bubbles away for sourdough pancakes this holiday weekend morning, thought it was time to share a video of the new wee being that hopped into my life about a month ago. I think she must have been some kid's Easter Bunny (based on the timing and the vet's estimated age), and now, despite posters and online notices, she's my Easter Bunny, Bunny-Buns. Tried to call her by other names, but...

She's a Holland Lop, and at time of weighing was 1.5 pounds. Lop lore has it she can grow to 4 pounds.

Never thought of myself as a rabbit person, but by golly, she's just right. Quiet as can be, litter trained, and pretty darned smart.

Even took her on a road trip not too long ago.

She makes me inordinately happy.

-- Jan

With anything less cute, the name Bunny-Buns might be just, well, a wee bit sickening. But, by golly, your new friend there rocks it. Adorable! Bunny-Buns, the cuddle bunny.

BTW: "(based on the timing and the vet's estimated age)"

I'm curious what the vet's age has to do with it, but that might be too personal.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday we got great news. Four months post-surgery, my beautiful 9 1/2 year old red retriever mix Sierra is completely healed. She had TPLO surgery on her LR leg after a ruptured ligament. The surgery requires cutting the top off the tibia, rotating it and installing a plate to protect the bone while it heals. Grafts, replacements or repairs can't be done in dogs much larger than lap-sized due to the angle of the top of the tibia. A week out, she could barely walk 100 yards and yesterday we had her out running!

It's been a rough year for the dog and that limb in particular. She had a tumor removed from between the toes of that foot in late in January and favoring the leg may have contributed to the ligament's rupture.

Best regards,

Jim

post-1223-0-21707400-1315489697.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 8 years later...

Since our daughter is off to college, Jane and I have inherited two rabbits and a mouse - the mouse "Baby" passed away last week at the ripe old age of about 1.75 years... the rabbits - "Bert" is a California, and "Francis" is an American Sable. Super quiet, fairly clean, gentle animals. But they can be mischievous, too. Every once in a while, they'll figure out how to get out of the cage, and just hop around and check stuff out, hide under the bed, etc. Fortunately, they are not "chewers" so nothing gets damaged. 

Baby.jpg

Bert.jpg

Francis.jpg

IMG_0710.jpeg

Big day had by the boys..... Lochie (4)( Propeller tail ) and Smooch (3)( Poo eating weirdo).. 

IMG_1139.jpeg

The most gorgeous Lily (12 years old ) .... Loves almonds, apple skins and apple doughnuts ( the Japanese peeler/spiralizer gets lots of work )  scratches around the neck and having her hand held....

• 3 weeks later...