Deal alert: Sony headset for Comtek/IFB $6.69 @ Target

Derek H

If you're in need of good, cheap headphones for your comteks or IFB take a look at these:

http://www.target.com/Sony-On-the-Ear-Headphones-MDR210LP-Black/dp/B000EGLZTU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=sony%20210&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-1&qid=1292260436&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Sony%20On-the-Ear%20Headphones%20MDR210LP%20Black&node=1038576%7C1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576%7C1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

..excuse the massive link.

Usually on sale here for $9.99 on sale for $6.69.  Free shipping too, I just cleaned out the local target..

Only negative about these is that the foam gets torn up fairly easily.  Otherwise they're great for comteks, light weight, flexible, rugged, headband, cable exits one side, and they sound pretty good.  Wired for stereo.  As a bonus, each one also comes with a nice, all metal, 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter similar to the one that comes with 7506 sans the locking threads.

You're welcome Sony..  ;)

I have used these quite a lot, and it is true that the foam pads are destroyed easily, making them last less long than the Sennheiser brand mono headphones available at LSC/Coffey.

Another problem is that the cable is very long, and stereo (but it is single-sided).

They are cheap, however, and they look good to the "customers" we hand them out to.

Robert

Hi Robert, I must agree with you, and here are my reasons.

Yes, the Sony MDR 210's are the thing for comteks.

A bit bass heavy, but the producers don't care. Seriously more durable than the Trew Audio  versions. or the sennheisers or the comtek phones which I must admit sound the best.

(The Remote audio phones sound a bit better but only last a day til someone breaks the band)

I have MDR 210's that I bought 2 years ago still working today.

Beats the durability test by miles, and that's all we're looking for for Comteks in use day after day.

Anybody who cares about the sound will show up with their own phones anyway.

Foam pads, shoam pads - my pro sound supplier (Audio Services Canada) always has replacement pads of one sort or another available (they all fit OK)

Regards,

Jim Rillie

Does anyone know how these Sonys compare with the JVCs on eBay that someone pointed out a while back?

http://tinyurl.com/2623ud3

(Different eBay listings have them in different colors.)  The JVCs are $3.99 each with $2.99 shipping for the first and $1.50 shipping for each additional, so they're also quite cost-effective.  If anyone has compared the two, it would be great to hear your findings.

John B., CAS