Whip Antenna Advice: to cut or not to cut?

Derek H

So I have two Sennheiser ek3041 receivers in block 23.  One antenna set is exactly the correct length (according to the remote audio cutting guide), the other set is actually a better length for block 22.  (about a quarter or of an inch too long)

My question is, is it worth the risk of potentially mangling the thick coil type antenna by trimming it or is a one block discrepancy in antenna length a negligible difference?  Antennas for the ek3041s are terminated with a special lemo pin and expensive to replace outright.  Also, both transmitter antennas are the correct length.

I've never noticed a big difference in real world performance but it's a hard thing to compare in most shooting conditions.

I 'forgot' my lectro antennae (long story) for my links once, cut some single core copper wire that I borrowed from the sparky (that's an electrician for you Americanos) and gaffer taped them into the BNC's on my 411's. Worked perfectly...

I now carry them in my kit, just in case.

:)