financial software for MAC?

In March I returned to the world of MAC after a few years with Windows!!!  Mac mini adorns the desk now and has been a thing of beauty.  But with the new year, time to purchase a financial software to keep track of my checking account, other accounts, just general stuff.  Not used for billing, invoices, etc.  iBank or QUICKEN ESSENTIALS for MAC seem to be the leaders...

Comments???

Happy New Year...

cleve

I have tried them all (and many times I ran 2 or 3 programs, all doing the same thing, manually entering the same data in several programs) and at present I have settled on Quicken Essentials for personal accounting. Only the current version will do --- the first iteration of Quicken Essentials was so crippled and lacking in many of the most essential features. Intuit is a horrible company, regardless of platform, and suffers from being the dominate software, thinking that there is no competition. Well, there isn't a lot of competition. Many of the other applications out there work much better, very much more Mac like interface, but just don't operate the way I like to work. For me, the biggest thing (beyond stability, speed and clear interface) is data entry. No other application I have tried ever gets this right and Quicken with all the versions of 'Quickfill' works best for me.

The only real way to tell what's best for you is to take the time to download all the demos (for other applications) and start using them, entering data, generating reports, etc. You may find that there are some features of the other applications (not Quicken) that you really like.

-  Jeff Wexler

one more thing dept.

I used the Reports function of the original Quicken to assemble income tax info.

I don't recall any such function on Quicken Essentials.

al

I hadn't even looked into the Reports functions of Quicken Essentials which is, of course, essential! It looks as if in the sidebar "Show Source List" there is fairly extensive and customizable reporting available.

-  Jeff Wexler

Thanks guys!!!  Coming off years of QUICKEN 2005 for the PC, in fact the PC sits near the desk just for QUICKEN use.  But now is the time to put something on the mini and move the PC to the closet.  I did as Jeff suggested and downloaded a trial of QUICKEN and will plod thru it tonite...then iBank after that.  Close out the year on the PC, print out what I need for the IRS and start anew with something else. 

HAPPY NEW YEAR....

Cleve

Hey Cleve,

Take a look at mint.com... Fairly interesting, useful, and easy to use. Ya, you need to expose some personal data but they come off as trustworthy (and I use a very secure password). Now owned by Intuit, so I don't know what that means...But an interesting option. I don't use it for business, though...

http://www.mint.com/