foldup cart

Philip Perkins

The crafty lady on the job I just did had this cart.  It seemed light and pretty handy and folded up quite small.  Crappy wheels, but ok for stage/office etc?  The site I saw these on wanted almost $400 for it, but I also saw it other places for more like $300 (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&q=Fold+'n+Go+utility+cart&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=4741222323887075599&ei=iK4fTejEEonQsAO9_fC7Cg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CDYQ8wIwAg#ps-sellers)

phil p

cart1.tiff

cart_fold.tiff

A quote from your related post on the bigfoot thread:

"I'm sort of looking at the food service cart...as a way of having a place to set down my bag rig that isn't on the floor or ground or on a piece of location furniture and isn't as easy to knock over as a simple light stand/platform rig."

That looks pretty cool. I've used a roll-up camping table (and chair) to hold my bag. Coleman makes (well, probably just distributes) them. REI carries a couple models. There are a few examples here:

http://www.amazon.com/NRS-Roll-A-Table/dp/B0042NNZOO/ref=pd_sbs_sg_9

No shelves, no wheels. But the ones I've used fit in carrying bags with shoulder straps. Cost under $100.

But the cart you show looks useful...

Phillip,

Look at this one on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Leifheit-Entertain-Storage-SERVING-SIDECAR/dp/B003XRMGWM

I have one and it folds flat in the same way but is thinner (about 3")

It is steel and weighs only about 9 lbs.  Very handy for emergency playback or outboard mixer etc.

---Courtney

Yours is a lot cheaper.....

phil p

• 2 weeks later...

Justin,

I use a Rock n Roller R12 as my primary cart the shelf doesn't fold you have to remove it with 4 bolts and Wing nuts. When I bought the cart the bolts that came it were too short so I bought longer bolts which makes it a snap to remove the shelf. The cart moves around great though and is a great investment

Justin,

I use a Rock n Roller R12 as my primary cart the shelf doesn't fold you have to remove it with 4 bolts and Wing nuts. When I bought the cart the bolts that came it were too short so I bought longer bolts which makes it a snap to remove the shelf. The cart moves around great though and is a great investment

Thanks Whitney.

Yah they look like great carts.  I have the same RastOrder folding cart as Sean but I like the idea of the RocknRoller as a secondary.  I'm just trying to see if it will work for me, fitting in my small car and house.

Thanks Whitney.

Yah they look like great carts.  I have the same RastOrder folding cart as Sean but I like the idea of the RocknRoller as a secondary.  I'm just trying to see if it will work for me, fitting in my small car and house.

The Rock n Roller is quite small.  I bought one to use as a cart, and needed it to be able to fold up small as well.  It fits in nicely in my gear closet along with 3 pelicans and my eng back pack.  As well as several guitars.( Not that they have anything to do with location sound).  The size thing was important for me as I have a small NYC apt.  Space is at a premium.

Jason Hemmerlin

I've beaten the crap out of my R12 over the last 2+ years and have been really happy with it. I have the double shelf/floor stuff and I put no-flats on it (a must). My SUV won't accommodate a big rubbermaid and I'm not ready to blow 1100 on a filmtools cart to keep cases on just yet.

I've gotten several nice comments about the Rastorder.

Cheers,

Sean