iPhone on Verizon

Jeff Wexler

In case there was any doubt, The Wall Street Journal confirms that the Verizon Media Event on January 11th will feature the long rumored Verizon iPhone.

The largest U.S. wireless carrier will say Tuesday that Apple Inc.'s iPhone will be available to its subscribers, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The Wall Street Journal offers no additional details about when the Verizon iPhone will become available to the public.

post-1-130815093004_thumb.png

My theory is: if enough iPhone users jump over to Verizon, then the AT&T reception will suddenly get better!  (Fewer users!)

It's probably true, considering the AT&T CEO suggested iPhone users should use less data if they want to expect a faster 3g network. Blaming customers is a killer business model.

Hahahaha! I was thinking the same thing.

It would be nice if T-Mobile would get the iPhone, but I have to say, I am really happy with the android phone that I got for free from them. MyTouch 3G slide.

It's nice to see the iPhone on another carrier. I knew apple had an exclusive deal with AT&T that has now expired, and there were rumors of a Verizon iPhone for a long time. I'll be interested in seeing the sales numbers once Verizon starts selling it.

Sweet.

I can get another iPhone, and between Verizon and AT&T I'll be able to make calls all over Los Angeles (maybe).

I remember having AT&T before the iphone came out and their services was bad. So i don't think loosing a some customers will make their service any better. When i had verizon it was great service. I switched to AT&T when the iphone came out but now i can't wait to go back to verizon.

yeah. I'm very happy with my android phone. I'm not saying it's better than an iPhone or anything like that (don't want to start a phone flame war). I just am amazed that people are willing to spend the amount of money that thing costs when there are are many "as-capable" alternatives out there. If I used my phone as an music/podcast player, I might change my tune, but I have an iPod shuffle for that to save on the battery life on my phone.

I will say this. I did a side by side shoot out with a friend. Him on his iPhone 3G on the AT&T network, and me with my MyTouch 3G slide on the T-Mobile network. Both running in 3G mode, and the iPhone was a little faster. Not enough for me to jump ship from T-Mobile to AT&T, but if you absolutely HAVE to have the fastest 3G phone out there (I guess it's 4G now), then maybe going with AT&T is the way to go. I guess we'll see how it performs with Verizon. I've been seeing them advertise their 4G network now. 

Some pretty slick new Android, RIM, and even Windows phones are on the way...

What will bum me out will be people switching to Verizon and my having to use minutes to call them.  Currently almost everyone I call has an AT&T iPhone.

And for what it's worth, all carriers suck sometimes.  They are fully aware, and know that for every customer who moves from them to another network, some pissed off customer from that network will move to theirs.

Robert