The Ladies always fall for me.

Brian Milliken

These were taken on a UK Cop show "Taggart" they still want Dat, file based next season, top to bottom, 2 HHB's, 4 way Audio Ltd 2040 UHF Rack, Zaxcom Cameo 2, Transvideo monitor fed by a Wood & Douglas video Tx/Rx system, below the Cameo shelf (hidden) are 2 Sennheiser IEM 300 Transmitters, boosted by Black Box Video booster boxes (huge range), Audio RMS 2000 DK 4 way VHF rack, below this are the batteries.

Regards

Brian

post-71-130815073378_thumb.jpg

post-71-130815073384_thumb.jpg

I am interested in my main components eyeline, i.e. Meters, Monitor, A Recording Indication, Script Pages and RF Info, this allows me to focus on the Scene I am mixing. My cart has evolved vertically only because of the first cart I bought was vertical, it does seems more ergonomic to me, but I stil like the look of some of the Magliner based carts, but I know they would cause me access problems in smaller spaces, as usual it is down to what you are used to.

Regards

Brian

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Brian,

Please tell me if Wood & Douglas video Tx/Rx system is digital or analog, because on Wood & Douglas  site aperas only  digital video transmiters and receivers

If is digital , dosen`t bother you over one frame delay?

I`m looking for a good video transmiter sistem , whith at least 100 meters range without much loose in signal ( better than Modulus 3000).

How is yours?

How much cost one Wood & Douglas video Tx/Rx system ?

Thank you very much,

Dragos Stanomir

Thank you very much for link.

I`m working whith 2,4 Ghz transmiters and loose signal when peoples tresspasing bettwen antenas , or very poor signal bettwen flors, etc.

I`m currios if somebody works with digital transmiters, and how works. If is annoyng the difference bettwen sound and immage whith delay of one or two frames.

Or if somebody works whith analogic transmiters but with good signal without loose of signal and a good range.

Thank you very much,

Dragos

Dragos

Sorry for the late reply, I have been in London (away from my native Scotland). The Wood & Douglas System I am using is Analogue, I looked on the site and the units I am using are no longer there, progress ??.., for my purposes it has been suberb, 500 M/Watts, more than enough to get a good picture in most situations, I do not know the Modulus 3000, The system cost approx £450 for each Tx and Rx, it seems expensive but has been solid for the last 6 years.

Regards

Brian

Too bad they don`t produce any more. Modulus cost 3000$ ( discontinued too)  but not so good in signal quality and range, if is in movement. What is your maximum range whith very good signal?

I don`t think is about progress, it`s more about new rules in RF: only consumer frequencies alowed is 2,4GHz.

Thank you very much,

Dragos stanomir