New Zaxcom recorder

bigmaho

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I'm just being cruel. Nomad won't be the only announcement.

But are the other products in the 'announcements' ready to go? Is the Nomad even ready to go? If it's as good as 'the boys club' are making it sound I'm ready to pounce on it now.

I hate you Zaxcom.  I just got a 552.

I was nearly in the same boat. Cancelled my order to just to see what this thing brings to the table. Hope it's worth the wait.

I'm wondering will this thing "just" be the competitor for the 552 etc. or can it play in a league with a 788T too?

It's to compete with the 552.  It's probably going to have six inputs, six track recorder, timecode generator and all the other bells and whistles the 552 doesn't have.  It will be badass.

I'm wondering will this thing "just" be the competitor for the 552 etc. or can it play in a league with a 788T too?

No its far from being "just" the competitor for the 552. And yes it can totally play in the same league of a 788. But in all fairness it really is in a league of its own.

" "Boys Club" "

actually includes a couple "girls"

I have reliable information that there will be a lot of "Announcements" at NAB, including many we will be interested in.

Soon after those announcements are made, a bunch of those products will actually be available, too...

and of course all the released information will be widely availabe (internet) within minutes.  detailed information, even reviews will be available soon after that.

and then there will be...

more announcements, and more products...

Wait until a week after NAB, and you can get "Buzzed" again, too!~!

NAB opens at 9am Las Vegas time next Monday. I figure first pictures of the Nomad will be up on here before 9:30am.

Eric

Or perhaps on Zaxcom's website?

Can we assume that the NOMAD is going to be smaller than a combined 552 and 774 combo?

Yes I think that is a good assumption - and, I don't have all the specs in front of me, but it actually may be smaller than a 552. And with it's layout and design nothing is cramped, and nothing needs to accessed from the bottom.