New Zaxcom recorder

bigmaho

You can set each recording track to record either pre or post fade. So you can either use the faders for record levels or you can use the input trim for record level.

sorry for maybe not getting it - is the input trim only accessible via the display?

- in other words: does it make sense to run this one standalone when I record ISOs and a mix track (for which I would change levels while recording)?

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for maybe not getting it - is the input trim only accessible via the display?

- in other words: does it make sense to run this one standalone when I record ISOs and a mix track (for which I would change levels while recording)?

Sorry Christian I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

With nomad you can set the record channels to record post fad iso. Or you can record pre fade iso and the levels will be controlled via input trim. And the input trim is accessed from the channel set up menu. Each input has its own set up menu page. When you are on that page you can adjust the trim with the menu knob.

Does that answer your question?

Jack

Sorry Christian I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

With nomad you can set the record channels to record post fad iso. Or you can record pre fade iso and the levels will be controlled via input trim. And the input trim is accessed from the channel set up menu. Each input has its own set up menu page. When you are on that page you can adjust the trim with the menu knob.

Does that answer your question?

Jack

it does! thanks!

Jack, is the Nomad the same as the Fusion and Deva that you can record a mix track of multiple inputs ie Mix on 1 (+2), pre-fade iso on remaining tracks? Or does it only record pre or post-fade single inputs? I've sent an email to Zax directly asking this too, but you seem to be online now and in the mood for answering silly questions :)

Thanks.

Jack, is the Nomad the same as the Fusion and Deva that you can record a mix track of multiple inputs ie Mix on 1 (+2), pre-fade iso on remaining tracks? Or does it only record pre or post-fade single inputs? I've sent an email to Zax directly asking this too, but you seem to be online now and in the mood for answering silly questions :)

Thanks.

Yes

You can record any input to any record channel (both pre or post fade). You can record one or all input channels to any or all record channels. The short answer is the Nomad output and record matrix is infinitely variable - so I don't think you can think of an output or record option that the Nomad can't handel.

Jack

This is quite clearly a software driven 'feature' - so if you talk nicely to Zaxcom, they will most likely make a setup tick box to allow one button record.

Kindest regards,

Simon B

So there is no way to press the record button only with only one hand?

Anyone know if you can use an external keyboard? This might be a case for one of those mini USB keyboards to edit metadata etc.

There is one USB port (as opposed to a "keyboard" port on the Devas), and according to the specs it's for external data. http://zaxcom.com/Nomad.html

The Specifications are up.

Data Storage

Internal 2 x CompactFlash

External - Nomad 8 & 12 Only USB 2.0 High Speed

External Media - Nomad 8 & 12 Only Flash / Hard Drive

also, this was asked....

Recording

Track Count 4, 6, 8 or 12 - model dependent

Bit-depth

Primary 24

Mirror(s) 16 / 24

Sample-rates (kHz) 44.1, 47.952, 48, 48.048