Denecke TS-C Slate?

John Moore

I've done my research & it appears the most affordable solution to display time code from my FR-2 would be the Denecke TS-C... I would be using it with cameras like the Red, HDSLR, Sony EX1/3, etc. Sorry to sound like a cheapskate, I'm not expecting a $300 solution, I'm just wondering if anyone else uses something that might be under $1200?

TIA John

I've done my research & it appears the most affordable solution to display time code from my FR-2 would be the Denecke TS-C... I would be using it with cameras like the Red, HDSLR, Sony EX1/3, etc. Sorry to sound like a cheapskate, I'm not expecting a $300 solution, I'm just wondering if anyone else uses something that might be under $1200?

TIA John

Our colleague Jim Gallup has what appears to be a very lightly used TS3 here:

http://jwsound.net/SMF/index.php?topic=7436.0

Best regards,

Jim

Jim - Thanks for that reminder... I saw that before & am interested!

Tim - I've researched all of the iphone/ipad/ipodtouch ideas... While the ipad & the touch can be used with MagicSlate to read time code I think the displays are pretty small, as well as a bit fragile. I'm thinking a real slate is the ticket.

I'll just have to beg the boss ;p or sell my backup FR-2 to help offset the TS-3.