Bulkhead Mounting Question

Jan McL

Rescue Tape is a silicon-based, self-adhesive, waterproof, non-conductive, flexible, cuttable, permanent, blah, blah. It doesn't need to dry, so I keep it on hand in the field for cable emergencies. If it seems that's not working (tho I have every reason to believe it will having used it in a plumbing application for a while now), I will definitely pull out the tube of silicon caulk that awaits deployment for nefarious sound purposes.

Apparently I don't have enough experience with rescue tape.  I'll have to get some and try it out.

--Kelsey

Liquid e-tape is another great product!

http://www.amazon.com/Star-brite-Liquid-Electrical-Tape/dp/B0000AXNOD

Rescue Tape is a silicon-based, self-adhesive, waterproof, non-conductive, flexible, cuttable, permanent, blah, blah. It doesn't need to dry, so I keep it on hand in the field for cable emergencies. If it seems that's not working (tho I have every reason to believe it will having used it in a plumbing application for a while now), I will definitely pull out the tube of silicon caulk that awaits deployment for nefarious sound purposes.

So Mr. Marts, did you have to mod those Tiki's or did they fit right off the shelf? Did you use snot tape to secure them? Am all a-flutter imagining a pimp-my-mixer project :)

Just learned I've 4 or 5 nights and splits coming. The joy of having completed this rather long-term, successful cart light project with the help of my knowledgeable and generous friends here will make those nights measurably easier.

-- Jan

So Mr. Marts, did you have to mod those Tiki's or did they fit right off the shelf?

-- Jan

They're Tiki Pencil Toppers - I enlarged the pencil hole a little bit to fit over the knobs  (they're soft rubber).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/archiemcphee/2543408900/#

When there's a specific knob that you want to go for in a hurry, it's nice to have it stand out from all the rest.

For me, that would be the headphone volume knob.

Nice video, Jan.

They're Tiki Pencil Toppers - I enlarged the pencil hole a little bit to fit over the knobs  (they're soft rubber).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/archiemcphee/2543408900/#

When there's a specific knob that you want to go for in a hurry, it's nice to have it stand out from all the rest.

For me, that would be the headphone volume knob.

Nice video, Jan.

:) Bob

A lightbulb moment as the entire world of after-market pencil erasers opens up to cart mod possibility!

Wheeeee!

Good to know about the battery-powered Petrol LED light option, Matthew.

-- Jan

I Like the idea of the Petrol LED strip. I'm going to look into that one.

There's a small clip-on gooseneck LED light (I ended up buying 3) called Mighty Bright.

It's (IMO) the best of these type of clip-ons in terms of quality. It casts a very even round bright light. I found them in a music store sold to illuminate sheet music on a music stand.

post-52-130815094465_thumb.jpg