Stolen gear recovered

David Terry

(Jeff, I tried to post this earlier and somehow the message did not seem to upload. Hopefully the message will not appear twice.)

Some of you may recall that my entire (uninsured) sound package was stolen last August.

This morning 99% of that gear is spread out on my living room floor.  It may be a while before I can comment about details of how the prodigal package returned to its home, but I will post that info as soon I can.

I keep thinking of so many people within our sound community who have been supportive during the past few months.  Much of the support originated in Jeff's site.  I will write more on that topic soon, but for now I repeat my deep appreciation of the good will that has come my way.

The stolen package sits by the new replacement gear.  It's a beautiful, messy pile of stuff.  Time to sort and clean, before today's call at noon.  There are some enviable problems to solve…like can anyone get me on a bunch of commercials where I can rent 28 client headsets?

To say that I’m euphoric is to understate the case.

Best wishes to all,

David Terry

Hey David, that is indeed good news for the New Year. First Coffey gets his gear back, and now you. Thats 2 for the good guys and 0 for the bad guys. By the way, on many comercials here in LA we use 20 plus on some jobs. I carry 15 all the time and I am shocked that thats not always enough. May the rest of your year be  as good.

CrewC

Again this gives us all an opportunity to thank Jeff for his creation, this "discussion group," is many things to many people.  If you want to discuss equipment with other gearheads that's available, if you want to rant about poor working conditions or union blues, you can.  If you need to tell the world about a theft of your equipment, it's all available and accepted openly and without judgment, well sometimes.  I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the many posts from everyone around the world, and there certainly is an underlying sense that we all share a similar perspective.  This has truly become a "community."

Rich Van Dyke

Terrific outcome for what seemed to be a devestating equipment loss. Reminds me again how intimately we are involved with our equipment, not just financially but emotionally. I learned early on from my father (one of the first cameramen to own his own cameras) what this means (and it is not always a healthy thing, either...  it's just equipment!).

Thank you for the kind words regarding our Group also...  I love the the wide diversity of interests and people here, and the fact that people can really discuss whatever it is that is on their minds. This was always a goal of mine for this forum --- sure, we are all involved in sound, equipment, employment and so forth, but we are human beings first and hopefully have not limited ourselves to such a degree thaat we have no other interests or concerns.

Thank you to all who have made this a great place.

your host,  Jeff Wexler