8 x AA battery pack - Anyone interested?

RPSharman

I was looking around at some battery solutions, and found this item.  Looks pretty cool.  A 4-pin XLRF could be soldered on, or Hirose, etc., if you didn't want the plug that's already molded on.

I was thinking about buying a couple, but the smallest number I can find is on this site for a minimum order of 12.

http://www.sourceresearch.com/store1/quickstore.cfm?ProductID=90868&do=detail

Is anyone interested in having one or two or three?  I would have to stick it in a box and send it, so that would be a little over $5 in the US.  So if $12 would be fair (there's a similar thing on eBay for $13 with a seemingly lower build quality), I'd buy a handful and mail them out to any interested parties. 

Please let me know, so I can decide if I'll order some or not.

Robert

post-485-130815094297_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Bernie.

The battery packs are in stock.  They have a bin with at least 20 in it.  They're $2.95 each.  The packs are identical to the ones you linked to Robert.  The coaxial plug fits Lectro dc inputs perfectly, in fact I used these to power my 211 rx on a camera that didn't have a power outlet.  The rx went through the batteries pretty fast, but it got us by for a while.  These particular packs were made for powering breast pumps according to the label on them.  I googled the manufacturer and they're still in business.  They charge $24.00 for them on their web site.

So let me know how you want to proceed.

Best,

Bernie

• 2 weeks later...

This is a nifty device, and Ax Man rules.  I'll have to stop by and pick some up the next time I'm in Minneapolis.  Has anyone else had a chance to use them yet?  I don't know much about batteries etc but is there any reason you couldn't just solder on the proper connector and use this to power a 552, so you don't have to dig in the bag to change the batteries?

This is a nifty device, and Ax Man rules.  I'll have to stop by and pick some up the next time I'm in Minneapolis.  Has anyone else had a chance to use them yet?  I don't know much about batteries etc but is there any reason you couldn't just solder on the proper connector and use this to power a 552, so you don't have to dig in the bag to change the batteries?

Easy to spend an hour or two at Axman just looking.  Every now and then I find something really useful like those battery boxes.  A while ago I found some car detailing brushes that I gave to the camera guys I work with for cleaning the construction dust off of their lenses.  You could use the battery box to power the 552, but proabably more efficient and less hassle to use a battery distro system.  It would be a very cheap idea, with the most expensive item being the hirose connector to connect to the 552.  I used these to power my 211 rx for a camera hop but the batteries didn't last as long as I had hoped. 

Bernie