Block 944 from Lectrosonics

pvanstry

He guys, i am trying to compile info on the availability of spectrum space for that particular block.  I want to move one of my SRa to it but want to make sure it is free space.

Anyone with info on this?  Please let me know whee you are so that i can have an idea.

Thanks

Pascal

He guys, i am trying to compile info on the availability of spectrum space for that particular block.  I want to move one of my SRa to it but want to make sure it is free space.

Anyone with info on this?  Please let me know whee you are so that i can have an idea.

Thanks

Are you sure it's 944? Never heard of that block number before.

Eric

Pascal

Block 944 is for broadcast users only, i.e., TV stations doing their own productions. The problem with this block for movie mixers is some stations use these frequencies for remote control and broadcast of audio material to the remote broadcast towers (STL). This requires frequency co-ordination in each geographic area by the local frequency co-ordinator. The broadcasters get pretty bent out of shape if you step on their remote control frequencies. We are making block 944 equipment for IFB for sale to broadcast networks. It gets the IFB away from their wireless mic frequencies. As long as they check on local frequencies, they can use the block 944 just like any other part 74 block for wireless mics or IFB.

Best Regards,

Larry F

Lectro

So basically, it is not available for us. I have a dilemma Larry.  I have 4 SRa at this point.  2x block 21, 1x block 22 and 1x block 24.  In Montreal, LA and Paris ( been around the block lately ), 21 is getting crowded.  So i want to spread myself out a bit more.  I use a splitter system for my antenna ( Mini-Circuits ZFSC-4-1 and UFM50 blk21-22 ).

The idea is to spread my Camera hop ( block 24 SRa ) away from the rest of my SRa  so that i can switch to UFM230 and reblock one of the block 21 to another block.

Now here is the rub, in Montreal and other places i went, block 24 seems to be a fairly empty block.  I would like to use it in the bag instead, so my idea was to keep it, transfer it in my bag and the reblock one of my 21 to another far away block for my hop ( thus the idea of block 944 ).  This would hav been great since i could also use a mini-circuits lopass filter to cut out anything over 700mhz thus separating my bag SRA and my hop TX.  But if 944 is not available, where can i go?  26 might be an option???  Or even 32 ( europe block )?

What do you think?  Switching to UFM230 instead of 50 is making me nervous since i will catch all kinds of other RF on the wideband and also amplify my hop TX that are fairly close by.  This is all in a bag.

Thanks in advance

Pascal

• 3 years later...