Need recommendation for single sided headphones

Derek H

Looking for a good single sided headphone for camera operator use.  Would love a single sided sony 7506 but not sure this is available.  I see Beyer makes some. 

Need one without a boom mic.

Thanks!

For about $40 you can these at Kmart or most music stores. Stanton Stanton Dj Pro 300 Single-sided Headphones With Carry Bag.

Eric

Jan,

How durable are those?  I tried a few Remote Audio Set Cans recently and they all broke within a few days of use.

Had a couple for a while. Recently, half a dozen additional with the six-pack, since people seem to want 'em more and more. They seem fine. Next six will be purchased by production as expendables if/when they break down. They're not that expensive.

-- Jan

Thanks, everyone for the suggestions!

Looking for more of a serious circum-aural design.  This is for one of the few camera ops that care about sound.  Normally I provide sony 7506 for the guy but we need something that will work with a larger camera on the shoulder

Jan,

How durable are those?  I tried a few Remote Audio Set Cans recently and they all broke within a few days of use.

I have a few of these Remote Audio Ear Buds too and they hold up well. Very much worth the money. Some camera operators use them, but they mostly get used for IFB (especially when the other ear has a surveillance earpiece in).

These are not big, so if you really want something like a single sided 7506 to cover the ear, that Stanton sounds like it's worth looking at.

Jan,

Hi Sammy,

The 2-sided headphones ("SetCans") you had that broke are very different than the single ear ones that Jan shows in the link ("EarBuds"). There was a batch of SetCans that had a faulty curing process, so a lot of them snapped, and have been discontinued for now.

The EarBuds are on their second version (to improve the hinge pin and plug strain relief) which was done two years ago, and are holding up very well. They were intended for Comtek use, but I know a lot of crew (ADs in particular) that prefer them for walkie talkie use.

Glen Trew