very sad news

Jeff Wexler

My condolences also to his family. I met David many years ago  and we managed  to keep in touch for a long time. He was a go to guy re: tech questions before internet etc. He was driven by an unlimited curiousity and very willing to share each new discovery. A wonderful man who will be greatly missed.

Rob Young

Jeff,

My condolences to you and David's family.  I know what it is to lose a dear friend, since my friend of 25 years, Ron Long, a great friend and great boom man, passed away a year ago.  It takes time to adjust to the loss.  I know, I think oh Ron every day, still, after over a year.

Regards,

Darryl Linkow

When i first met David in the early 70's, it was in New Orleans, he was working on a Brian DePalma film, and he personfied california cool, David was so sweet and so open to someone looking under the circus tent. David gave me a first glimpse of what a great career motion picture sound could be.

David always seemed to be one step ahead; I remember him telling me to go buy a CD player right now, this instance, you won't believe the sound. He loved sound, the pure sound.

Years later when he had started using a hard drive to playback music on the set. I invited him to do a day's playback with his new method, the computer crashed and the director came unglued, David calmly rebooted and once again David was pushing the envelope for the sheer fun of it. He truly was a unique and special guy.

May he rest in peace.

Tommy Causey

Rest in Peace David Ronne, you made many friends with your time on Earth. I'm sure your family is as proud of you as they are sad at this time of your passing. I was lucky to meet David through Jeff a long time ago. I can only say that the respect that they had for each other and the art of cinema sound recording was profound.

Maximum Respect, CrewC

I had a wonderful, healing talk with David Panfili today about David Ronne. The conversation began sadly and before long we were LOL at our rememberances of him. His curiosity, his mischievous nature, his boldness to try new things, his genius, and his friendship will never be forgotten. He would want us all to be laughing at the happiness that he brought to all of our lives. I sat with him all day last Wednesday and one of the last things he said to me was to tell all the guys "Hello". So here is a big "Hello" from David.

peggy

RIP- DAVID. I  knew David for only the past 6 years.  as causey said he was california cool. first met him at lsc's rental dept. when he brought in the intercom and he set up one end of the device on the rental counter and the other in the sales dept. running cables accross the entire lenghth of the store, setting up the system and giving all of us a "demo". I always kind of thought of him as a mad scientist, he was always thinking ahead of us.

the last time I saw David, he came into coffey to borrow a deva 2 so he could make a interface cable for a sound mixer who wanted one. we talked about how the deva 2 wasn't made anymore and only a handfull of mixers still owned the unit, but he still wanted to make the cable for the sound mixer, because the mixer "wanted it". I hope the remote roll continues to be manufactored, so we all can think of David. when you see it on a sound cart or even on a vendors wall on display, we will think of David.

Tkank you,

FS