How to "Bag" a Nomad

TomBoisseau

I am liking my 614 so far. However...... it is not the easiest bag for getting to the Mic/Line IP sockets for channels 1-6 on the Nomad, assuming that you put the Nomad in the slot nearest to your belly in the bag. Its just a bit tricky to get to the IP sockets and get plugged in etc.... BUT - once built, as a bag, it is small and slim and seems to hold everthing in place well, and for actually doing the recording bit it is dead good.

Hope that this helps,

Simon B

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am liking my 614 so far. However...... it is not the easiest bag for getting to the Mic/Line IP sockets for channels 1-6 on the Nomad, assuming that you put the Nomad in the slot nearest to your belly in the bag. Its just a bit tricky to get to the IP sockets and get plugged in etc.... BUT - once built, as a bag, it is small and slim and seems to hold everthing in place well, and for actually doing the recording bit it is dead good.

Hope that this helps,

Simon B

Thank you for the input, Simon. I'll look in the other thread as well, John (thanks for pointing that).

521501_10200255456528981_97462008_n.jpg

Wow that s a really neat (and expensive!) bag rado. Sorry for all these questions: How long can you run on a np1 with this setup? what is the weight of the whole bag? Do you just have your zaxnet antenna off for now or you run your zaxnet from one of the recievers? Wouldn t you want to place the np1 further away to keep the weight of the recievers closer to your body so it feels less heavy when you wear the kit or was it a strategic decision (rf spill) to phisically seperate the recievers from the recorders? Thanks and good job that looks like a dream setup you have!

Wow that s a really neat (and expensive!) bag rado. Sorry for all these questions: How long can you run on a np1 with this setup? what is the weight of the whole bag? Do you just have your zaxnet antenna off for now or you run your zaxnet from one of the recievers? Wouldn t you want to place the np1 further away to keep the weight of the recievers closer to your body so it feels less heavy when you wear the kit or was it a strategic decision (rf spill) to phisically seperate the recievers from the recorders? Thanks and good job that looks like a dream setup you have!

NP1s run about 5 hours depending on how many things I have powered on. Zaxnet antenna is in the bag facing down. Range penalty not noticeable. The petrol bag is in perfect balance the way I have it setup. I don't care about spill since most of the time the bag is on a cart with 2 Bluefin antennas and when running around 2 dipole antennas attached high on my harness...

NP1s run about 5 hours depending on how many things I have powered on. Zaxnet antenna is in the bag facing down. Range penalty not noticeable. The petrol bag is in perfect balance the way I have it setup. I don't care about spill since most of the time the bag is on a cart with 2 Bluefin antennas and when running around 2 dipole antennas attached high on my harness...

Thx rado. Yeah you re right i forgot you put your antenna facing down. Good idea. I had my antenna rigged to the side of my nomad so i can fold it down when not in use. I will post pictures when i get my machine back from my screen brightness upgrade.