How to "Bag" a Nomad

TomBoisseau

Oh, and the little hands are my son's.
I just thought u had a GIANT nomad :)

Bag looks sweet - and a good price!

I like the way it has left room for the antenna.

I almost bought a bag this evening and would have overlooked that!

It looks like you have gone for a design without pockets for small odds and ends - was there a reason for that choice?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vielen Dank, Christian! I saw your bag design a few months ago and thought it looked great. So, I asked my friends in Berlin to bring one back with them. I got it a few days ago. It arrived before Nomad, but it is already tricked out with 4 wireless, distro box, NP1, and cables. Tomorrow, the Nomad arrives.

It was 284 Euro from Kortwich. They were great to deal with by phone. Meine Deutsche ist nicht sehr gut. But Frau Kasia at Kortwich speaks excellent English. She talked me through the modifications I wanted. The bag is not heavy and it is beautifully made.

Thank you so much Herr Spaeth for this wonderful design. Who needs Gucci or Coach bags when we have Kortwich!

Ciao, Sully

Vielen Dank, Christian! I saw your bag design a few months ago and thought it looked great. So, I asked my friends in Berlin to bring one back with them. I got it a few days ago. It arrived before Nomad, but it is already tricked out with 4 wireless, distro box, NP1, and cables. Tomorrow, the Nomad arrives.

It was 284 Euro from Kortwich. They were great to deal with by phone. Meine Deutsche ist nicht sehr gut. But Frau Kasia at Kortwich speaks excellent English. She talked me through the modifications I wanted. The bag is not heavy and it is beautifully made.

Thank you so much Herr Spaeth for this wonderful design. Who needs Gucci or Coach bags when we have Kortwich!

Ciao, Sully

Sully, be careful. Too much gear in that bag and you'll begin to tip over, even with your lower center of gravity.

JG

Jim,

Be kind......When I met you many years ago, I was six feet tall. Now, after too many road trips carrying cameras, tripods, and sound stuff, I'm only five foot six. You are still six feet tall, because you didn't have to carry all that camera crap. All you had to do was lug around sound junk. Being short also helps test wireless signal strength. "If I get signal, that is a really powerful radio mic." Give me a call this week so we can have a Nomad Tupperware party. Paul (the other D.C. Nomadist) is in Eygpt on a job, so, he won't be here to help me figure out how to turn the Nomad on. You are now my only hope. I'm going to Vark tomorrow to get some more cables made. We could meet there, you could see the luscious Kortwich bag, and then we could try and mess around with my new Nomad 8. By the time we get finished playing with it, it will probably be a 4.

Ciao, Sully

• 5 months later...

If you have a bag design in mind run it by KT Systems in the UK and I'm sure Ian Fraser will sort it out for you.

Malcolm Davies. A.m.p.s.

Ian is a great guy and always willing to help out. He knocked up a custom equipment bag within a day for me, picked it up that night from his home. Talk about service!

With the current Nomad bag the Kortwich is producing you can put a cup on each side. That's what I'm currently doing.

+1

there is a hole for the cables on the bottom of the side pouches so you can run them directly and invisibly into the bigger pouch. Works great for me.

To be 100% sure tell Kortwich what you need and they will make mods if necessary, I believe for the same price. But you should ask them that, they are very nice people.

• 4 months later...