iPad and posting to this site

Jeff Wexler

Well, I finally have an iPad and what Scott and others have been saying for a long time is true --- this site is not compatible with the iPad!! Bummer. When you want to post a message , you can enter text in the topic Subject box but that's it --- no way to get the cursor into the message body and start typing. I tried using the "Next" button on the iPad but that just cycled through the whole text editor etc., and never arrived at body of the message. This is something I really need to look into now that I have an iPad!

I will let you know what I find.

Note: one of the new sites that I am considering for other purposes, and maybe to replace this site, has its own custom branded iPhone/iPad app that supports all features of the site and displays beautifully.

After a casual scouting around the SMF support boards, it seems the consensus is that if you turn OFF the WYSIWYG editor above the message pane, you should be able to post from an iPhone or iPad Safari browser. The problem seems to exist as well for Android OS and other mobile browsers. I will see if this is indeed a fix or not.