FCC License

Jeff Wexler

" Do I need a license for each radio?

I currently have 16 Audio LTD's.

How are they going to catch us?

Will they have monitoring vans ala BBC, or just send Federales to set? "

no, good question, maybe, and maybe; and don't call me Jeff. >:(

I see you have been reading a lot of threads, and catching up. I think all of you questions have been answered, but you probably ought to watch the VDO of the seminar 28 Dec, as it contains a lot of specifics that will cover your questions, and the follow-up questions you will certainly have as well...

Just a note on the renewal process. My license was up for renewal April 1 of 2013. I went online Jan. 3rd to renew. Very simple very easy. I received the license yesterday in the mail. I was impressed by the 7 day turnaround. Also the new license is valid till April 1, 2021, 8 years.

Cheers,

Whit

Just a note on the renewal process. My license was up for renewal April 1 of 2013. I went online Jan. 3rd to renew. Very simple very easy. I received the license yesterday in the mail. I was impressed by the 7 day turnaround. Also the new license is valid till April 1, 2021, 8 years.

Cheers,

Whit

Same with mine it was up in 2013 renewed online and got my new one good for 8 years in 5 days. It was $60.00 not bad at all 

• 4 weeks later...

I went back to see where my license stood as I went through Bill Ruck (gladly) in October and after turning Java back on, keep getting all the pages cropped like the pages shown above on deep owl's post.

Seems to always crop off the right side of the app info.

This happened in Safari and Firefox.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott Harber

Just received my paperwork in the mail this week.

For the record:

Applied: 10/22/12

Granted: 2/14/13  (Almost 4 months!)

Expires: 12/1/13 (sigh, must be when all the TV licenses in Chicago are up...)

Just go online and pay another 50.00 then it is good for 7 years hardest part is over 

I just got mine a few weeks ago, and I applied in the beginning of September. I'm sure it depends on how busy they are now, but it sounds like those currently getting licenses applied about 4 months ago. I also used Bill Ruck to do the application. 

Mine expires 08-01-2015. There must be some reason you guys get 10 months and I get 2.5 years. Maybe it is tied to local TV stations. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine a few weeks ago, and I applied in the beginning of September. I'm sure it depends on how busy they are now, but it sounds like those currently getting licenses applied about 4 months ago. I also used Bill Ruck to do the application. 

Mine expires 08-01-2015. There must be some reason you guys get 10 months and I get 2.5 years. Maybe it is tied to local TV stations. 

Johnpaul,

It is tied to regions of the US is how it is broken up with different renewal years. Also it is very easy to renew online and I received mine in 10 days.

Whit

• 4 weeks later...

Here are screen grabs I took of some of the online application, they may or may not be correct so use them at your own risk. Due to Java and the FCC website mine has a fatal glitch and I cannot complete the application until I get on a different computer.

These answers may or may not work. I checked what I could against the online seminar with Bill Ruck at Coffey/Trew and they seem similar. Hopefully these pics help guide others through the process and don't steer anyone wrong :)

All answers in RED are sections that wouldn't load for me or notes on things I thought important...especially the part about the Emission Designator code being incorrect as described by Bill.

FCC+1+applicant+info.jpg

FCC+3+ownership+qualification.jpg

FCC+6+eligibility.jpg

FCC+7+location.jpg

FCC+8+antenna.jpg

FCC+9+frequency.jpg

FCC+10+frequency+2.jpg

The emission designator is 200KF3E. Bill has it right. You can also check Jay Patterson's own reference license that he provided.

" “The FCC regulations state that before you go to a database administrator to seek protection from these consumer digital devices you have to look in all other legal bands, including VHF,” said Stoffo. “Once someone comes out with a piece of equipment that operates in VHF and it works, you’re almost obligated by the FCC to use that equipment before you can seek protection from anything more than the two sixmeg chunks that they’ve given us up in UHF.” "