iPhone keyboard

Jeff Wexler

One of the biggest failings, and frustrations for me, is the soft iPhone keyboard.  The constant poor spelling correction, repeat manual correction fighting against the built in spell checker (If I delete a word constantly and the autochecker repeatedly changes it... F-U phone, I don't want to spell it that way), and my poor accuracy in finger mashing sometimes, I do miss a hard keyboard sometimes.

What is interesting with this product, not sure I'd use it with my iPhone despite my criticism of the soft-keyboard, is its advertised ability to work with any blue-tooth capable product, wondering perhaps if there is a BT to USB dongle that would work with this to use as a mini keyboard for production audio recorders that are compatible with USB keyboards already.

One of the biggest failings, and frustrations for me, is the soft iPhone keyboard.  The constant poor spelling correction, repeat manual correction fighting against the built in spell checker (If I delete a word constantly and the autochecker repeatedly changes it... F-U phone, I don't want to spell it that way)

Open Settings > General > Keyboard - here you can turn on/off spell correction etc.

Hope that helps.

I actually like spelling correction overall and think it does a good job generally... it is the only way you can get any decent speed... just sort of going with it and assuming that the checker will pick up the majority of the mistakes.  It is when I don't mispell something and iPhone corrects it... fine, not every work, acronym, or abbreviation can be in the dictionary, then I go back to uncorrect it, iPhone corrects it again, I go back again to uncorrect it, iPhone corrects it again... this is the frustrating part for me, where I have to stop and press that tiny little "x" button to disable autocorrector.  As smart as iPhone checker is, I would think that they should write some logic in there that if it detects you are undoing the autocorrector's work, it shouldn't apply the same correction over and over.

You don’t have to touch the tiny little X. You can click anywhere in the suggested word to reject it (very unintuitive). To accept the suggestion, just click the space bar.

Thanks, David! You know, this has driven me crazy forever, and I could never quite figure out the correct/not-correct logic of the spelling suggestion mode.

--Marc W.

You don’t have to touch the tiny little X. You can click anywhere in the suggested word to reject it (very unintuitive). To accept the suggestion, just click the space bar.

Wow, yeah your right, that is unintuitive, thanks for the heads up.

One of the biggest failings, and frustrations for me, is the soft iPhone keyboard.  The constant poor spelling correction, repeat manual correction fighting against the built in spell checker (If I delete a word constantly and the autochecker repeatedly changes it... F-U phone, I don't want to spell it that way),

You can turn off "auto correct" in the settings so this doesn't happen.  Or any of this:

www.damnyouautocorrect.com